Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwingillini11

North Aurora
It’s hard not to crack a smile about Illinois football when we have runs like these. I have no idea what to expect from today but things are looking good!

I will preface this with the fact that I am not inside the program.

Last year, around this time, LITTYVILLE and ILLGANG was in full swing and players that had never considered Illinois were starting to take notice. That led to a lot of excitement and buzz, but few additional big name signees. This year, the staff is in better position to capitalize on the excitement and they have created a stronger narrative with the recruits. They also have the support of some big time commits from big time programs that are pushing for Illinois. From what I hear, this seems to be snowballing. Some big names have popped and some others are really close to popping. And the current commits are really supporting their younger former high school teammates and friends to join them. This class also doesn't have a strong opponents in any of the parents. I am hearing great things. This recruiting class, could be strong enough to warrant Lovie keeping his job, barring a healthy team that doesn't perform.

I am hearing that the culture has shifted inside the locker room and the team has more leadership and strength. We have several positions where the players believe that a backup could step in without losing much. The players are supporting one another to learn and understand positioning on the field. And, the buzz within the program is becoming palpable.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
This year, the staff is in better position to capitalize on the excitement

this seems to be snowballing.

others are really close to popping.

I am hearing great things.

I am hearing that the culture has shifted inside the locker room

We have several positions where the players believe that a backup could step in without losing much

the buzz within the program is becoming palpable.

Ah, April... ;)

FT35

Naperville
Also was great to see the staff offer Joe Moore - DE from Cardinal Ritter. Loved his video on 247.

Offering a Cardinal Ritter kid is interesting to me. Just from listening to the MO state championship game between Trinity Catholic and Cardinal Ritter last year, it sounded like a brawl was about to break out a couple of times. Maybe the bad blood is isolated to a small pocket of kids on both teams as I saw pictures of Isaiah and Shammond hanging out with Jameson Williams at the Under Armour event in January.

Cardinal Ritter is loaded with D1 talent. Their QB had something like 50 TD passes and their defense forced 90 (Yes, 90) Turnovers last year. Cory Patterson is opening yet another door for us.

FT35

Naperville
Ah, April... ;)

1554741564428.png

Do hamsters realize they're on a wheel?

I get your point and I haven’t been excited about Illinois football for more than a decade. So the last few years are new. What I’m seeing looks like progress. our recruiting class is trending up. We are generating pipelines and making inroads to great hs programs. And progress on the field from the 2019 class won’t be seen immediately. But the coming years should trend up with the recruits we have coming in.

Deleted member 654622

D
- Hey we have a lot of big name recruits looking at us for real!
- Ya but they won't commit
- Hey we got some big name recruits to commit
- Ya but they won't sign
- Hey we got some big name recruits to sign up
- Ya but they will leave the program
- Hey.....never mind Dude

- Hey we have a lot of big name recruits looking at us for real!
- Ya but they won't commit
- Hey we got some big name recruits to commit
- Ya but they won't sign
- Hey we got some big name recruits to sign up
- Ya but they will leave the program
- Hey.....never mind Dude
crazy stories

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
These are very exciting players we're adding.

So were Ricky Smalling and Kendrick Green and Larry Boyd and Owen Carney and Carmoni Green and Lere Oladipo and Tony Adams and HoJo Watkins and Calvin Avery and Verdis Brown and Reuben Unije and Coran Taylor and Kievan Myers and Marquez Beason and Isaiah Williams and Shammond Cooper and Luke Ford and Ritchie Petitbon.

I'm optimistic about this coming season for that reason, and an overriding belief in our coaching staff and the development work that's been done with our not-so-young-anymore talent. Lovie has a real roster now, and a cakewalk of a schedule. Saving his job is right there in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.