Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know that I would conclude that. It really is quite cryptic. The only thing I would take from it is that Bellamy wants Illinois to be great :noidea:?
Cryptic is good (let’s reach here) gets the recruits to think about Illinois and what is going on?? Just like posters here.

Deleted member 654622

D
I’m not sure how some of you are taking any of these tweets as anything but positive. The staff is definitely feeling confident
I arrived at my conclusion based on the focus that someone only wants to be "good enough", a negative comment.

I still think this is going to be a great recruiting class. But I also don't think we are going to get every recruit we want.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
At this point people who say Tate is transferring to Illinois are either joking or in serious denial. This video from yesterday gives 0 indications he wants to transfer.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
At this point people who say Tate is transferring to Illinois are either joking or in serious denial. This video from yesterday gives 0 indications he wants to transfer.

Agreed. A lot of pressure for 2019 success is going to rest on one of Rivers/Robinson/Taylor taking a major step forward.

If he was going to transfer, he would have done it already. Idk why people think otherwise.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
These are farther out but 247 put out their first list of 2021 ranked recruits, some names of note due to location:

19 - J.J. McCarthy - QB (Nazareth Academy)
25 - Savion Byrd - OT (Duncanville, TX - Same HS as Beason)
42 - Travion Ford - DE (Lutheran North (STL))
82 - Jakailin Johnson - CB (DeSmet (STL))
100 - David Davidkov - OT (New Trier HS )
123 - Brody Wisecarver - OT (DeSmet (STL))
129 - Kendrick Blackshire - ILB (Duncanville, TX - Same HS as Beason)
177 - Athan Kaliakmanis - QB (Antioch Community HS - Already committed to Minnesota)
182 - Dominic Bass - DT (Phillips Academy)
190 - Gabriel Rubio - DT (Lutheran of St. Charles County (MO))
227 - Bryan Sanborn - ILB (Lake Zurich HS - Brother is at Wisconsin)

*McCarthy is a pro passer so it is highly unlikely he'll be interested in Illinois.

NBB1979

UIUCFAN1
Springfield, IL
I listened to this song for the first time in years... only to be saddened that while Ludacris was born in Champaign - he didn’t shout out the 217 at all in his song about area codes :-(

FT35

Naperville
These are farther out but 247 put out their first list of 2021 ranked recruits, some names of note due to location:

19 - J.J. McCarthy - QB (Nazareth Academy)
25 - Savion Byrd - OT (Duncanville, TX - Same HS as Beason)
42 - Travion Ford - DE (Lutheran North (STL))
82 - Jakailin Johnson - CB (DeSmet (STL))
100 - David Davidkov - OT (New Trier HS )
123 - Brody Wisecarver - OT (DeSmet (STL))
129 - Kendrick Blackshire - ILB (Duncanville, TX - Same HS as Beason)
177 - Athan Kaliakmanis - QB (Antioch Community HS - Already committed to Minnesota)
182 - Dominic Bass - DT (Phillips Academy)
190 - Gabriel Rubio - DT (Lutheran of St. Charles County (MO))
227 - Bryan Sanborn - ILB (Lake Zurich HS - Brother is at Wisconsin)

*McCarthy is a pro passer so it is highly unlikely he'll be interested in Illinois.

Dominic Bass transferred to Morgan Park where former Illinois WR Chris James is the coach:

I'm surprised he's dropped that much in the rankings. I remember the Coach at Phillips said Bass could be one of the best prospects to ever come out of the CPL.

JJ has been getting a lot of attention and you're right about the lack of interest in Illinois. I like Macon of ESL who was on campus this weekend.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Dominic Bass transferred to Morgan Park where former Illinois WR Chris James is the coach:

I'm surprised he's dropped that much in the rankings. I remember the Coach at Phillips said Bass could be one of the best prospects to ever come out of the CPL.

JJ has been getting a lot of attention and you're right about the lack of interest in Illinois. I like Macon of ESL who was on campus this weekend.

That change will be a boost for Illinois. The rest of the Illinois prospects isn't a great fit for Illinois. New Trier and Lake Zurich haven't been helpful for Illinois in the past.

FT35

Naperville
That change will be a boost for Illinois. The rest of the Illinois prospects isn't a great fit for Illinois. New Trier and Lake Zurich haven't been helpful for Illinois in the past.

Agreed plus this list can change quite a bit going forward. It's fun from a discussion standpoint but there's just so many guys who will drop on this list and other guys will emerge.

The guys ranked on this list, like JJ, show up at showcases and camps where they will get noticed. The kids who don't do this just aren't going to get noticed at this stage in their careers.

JJ is going to go to Michigan or Notre Dame.

Deleted member 654622

D
Well he may want to transfer if he graduates, but if he doesn't graduate in time, then it would behoove Arizona to prepare for him being on the team.
I would agree. He should not do anything until graduating is an actual possibility. Even if he is 99% for sure he is transferring, don't tell Arizona, that way you can get some extra reps in.

i keep checking every 5 minutes but two days without a top 600 commit. forget which QB was transferring to AZ - are they on AZ campus and at spring training and not getting any reps?

The guys ranked on this list, like JJ, show up at showcases and camps where they will get noticed. The kids who don't do this just aren't going to get noticed at this stage in their careers.
JJ is very good. Very accurate passer and mobile. Texas will be a player for him. He has been to camp at UIUC before he blew up.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I listened to this song for the first time in years... only to be saddened that while Ludacris was born in Champaign - he didn’t shout out the 217 at all in his song about area codes :-(

317 and 216......missed it by that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.