Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% speculation but is the #2betterthan1 hashtag referencing the fact that the grad transfer we got has two years remaining and not just one like most immediately eligible, grad transfers?
Very true.. wasn't thinking about it like that.. been such a crazy past week in recruiting that I automatically assumed he was referencing 2 players from the west coast... makes sense.. hopefully we can snag a few more in state recruits and make this class more special than it already is..

Cup of beer, $.25!
OK, back in my day, the guy with the ID bought the pitcher and then set it in the middle of the table for plausible deniability. Which is where the glasses were put, under the theory, "No, offisher, snot by beer."

FT35

Naperville
NaeSaan Dickerson and Tee Denson have said they are visiting this weekend:

https://247sports.com/player/naesaan-dickerson-46058450/

https://247sports.com/Player/Tee-Denson-46049181/

They are both from Georgia.

A lot of our local targets are going to be at the Nike Opening Regional in St. Louis this weekend. I believe that is why we had Junior Day last weekend but I believe Lovie said earlier this week that a number of guys are coming back for the Spring Game? Anyone know of any other visitors?

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Doing a lot of recruiting in GA this year. I can't remember who on staff has connections there.

My take on the tweets (certainly no expert or inside info). The "2" includes Sidney. West Coast guys. The 5 probably included him as last known done deal. The chess reference is in the timing of spacing it out to give each one a little headline & to keep the momentum going. The overall optimism up & down 57 seems like there are other likelies.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
If nothing else, getting more in-state kids should put at least their parents in the stands- great strategy to fill seats. ;)

Good point. Let’s add about 10,000 walk-ons. They’ll probably draw at least 2 family members each on average. #Soldoutstadium

Though...the sideline will be a bit crowded.

Pretty clear that ND's pursuit of Chris Tyree has helped us here. And that Henning's running buddy, Thompson, is in the fold, is a very big plus. Really thought Henning was a pipe dream, but now, not so much.
yeah my friend is a nd fans and he said he would take chris tyree over aj henning

Read a link on fansided that said sidney is expected to announce transfer comittment tomorrow afternoon. So I clicked it and came up Twitter with page does not exist or has been removed.. anybody else seen anything????

I believe with Thompson comitting a.j. will seriously consider illinois now.. I have read over and over they are a package deal... I sure hope so
Absolutely a good sign.. I really believe he is coming.. I think we have two more commits maybe 3.. i think henning, cooper, are almost locks at this point.. sidney possibly...
247 has mookie coming to illini at 87 percent likely and 13 percent for texas... that is huge...
#bleedorangeandblue
#throughandthrough
#beveryafraidbig10
#relevancecomingsoon

Last edited:
This board has had a series of narratives emerge around the current state of the program:

1. Lovie is doing the right things, the program is improving. We just need to fill some talent gaps.

2. Lovie doesn’t have what it takes, look at how bad we’ve been getting beat.

3. Recruiting is improving, but still bottom of the big.

4. Recruiting is still not better than Beckman.

Here is a minute long clip with an outside take following the past week in recruiting.

I hope what I’m hearing is true...

This board has had a series of narratives emerge around the current state of the program:

1. Lovie is doing the right things, the program is improving. We just need to fill some talent gaps.

2. Lovie doesn’t have what it takes, look at how bad we’ve been getting beat.

3. Recruiting is improving, but still bottom of the big.

4. Recruiting is still not better than Beckman.

Here is a minute long clip with an outside take following the past week in recruiting.

I hope what I’m hearing is true...
Funny, I thought you and chiefgritty were twins. Lets enjoy being Illini fans no matter what. Better yet, I'm sure you have long standing season tickets and have donated a ton to the Ifund since all the money spent would cause for a disgruntled fan. Well guess what, I'm a long standing season ticket holder who donates what I can to the Ifund and I'll always stay positive for our beloved Illini, because that is what we do.

Funny, I thought you and chiefgritty were twins. Lets enjoy being Illini fans no matter what. Better yet, I'm sure you have long standing season tickets and have donated a ton to the Ifund since all the money spent would cause for a disgruntled fan. Well guess what, I'm a long standing season ticket holder who donates what I can to the Ifund and I'll always stay positive for our beloved Illini, because that is what we do.
Amen, Brother.

me and chief? I’m curious what post has me seem disgruntled? I’m really high on Illini.

I believe with Thompson comitting a.j. will seriously consider illinois now.. I have read over and over they are a package deal... I sure hope so
And I believe having Isaiah Williams as the QB of future has helped tremendously with recruits this year. Love, Harper, Thompson all benefit with QB future. Known commodity in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.