Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This class needs WR's in numbers and OL in numbers. But, it looks to be another class, low in numbers. We also need a couple of safeties and LB'ers. Anybody else at other positions, need to be difference makers.

This class needs WR's in numbers and OL in numbers. But, it looks to be another class, low in numbers. We also need a couple of safeties and LB'ers. Anybody else at other positions, need to be difference makers.
Don't worry about numbers. Losing Harper increased our average star rating. Addition by subtraction

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
But, it looks to be another class, low in numbers.

A little early to be making that call. Signing day is in December. Early signing day.

Obviously, it's frustrating when a kid we want decommits, but early commits decommit more frequently. They tend to make more emotional decisions. Once the buzz wears off, and the realization that you've short-circuited the recruiting process, not to mention one's inner circle,...

That's why I really like Lovie's don't-push-for-a-commitment-too-soon approach.

From this - 13 seniors to replace in 2020, + still a few open that we may not fill or fill w/5th yr seniors + any transfers out...I think the idea is generally right, but we seem to be in good shape with a few very good WR, so I don't think we have to reach as much at WR. OL worries me more because of the time lag to get OL up to size/speed to be ready, seems like a little more depth at LB is in order as well

From this - 13 seniors to replace in 2020, + still a few open that we may not fill or fill w/5th yr seniors + any transfers out...I think the idea is generally right, but we seem to be in good shape with a few very good WR, so I don't think we have to reach as much at WR. OL worries me more because of the time lag to get OL up to size/speed to be ready, seems like a little more depth at LB is in order as well
At this point, Lovie has instilled his culture, I expect to see more transfer replacements

Deleted member 654622

D
Maybe but the interest is still mutual. Let's see after he takes his visits.
I would hope, he is EXACTLY what we need in OL recruiting right now. Jeremy Werner indicated he believed he would be a 4 star before it was all said and done. I just do see him recommitting. Hope I am wrong

I just had my sarcasm meter re-calibrated this morning. I bet my guy can fix meters for detecting facetious comments as well. PM me and I'll give you his number. Super cheap and fast turnaround.
Does he offer group discounts?

Deleted member 654622

D
I just had my sarcasm meter re-calibrated this morning. I bet my guy can fix meters for detecting facetious comments as well. PM me and I'll give you his number. Super cheap and fast turnaround.
I called him last week and setup an appointment. But I have been receiving calls from other power 5 meter repair establishments and I have decided to decommit from my prior commitment. I am still open to all options however. Please respect my decision

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I called him last week and setup an appointment. But I have been receiving calls from other power 5 meter repair establishments and I have decided to decommit from my prior commitment. I am still open to all options however. Please respect my decision

Good luck wherever you go.

Deleted member 654622

D
Status
Not open for further replies.