Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a transfer. 3 qbs in one clas with none other on the roster doesn’t bode well. Williams will be ready halfway through the season (I think). We need someone else to step in. Robinson could potentially squeak us through the early season, but I would rather have someone with experience. I would like to add fink and bhebhe. If nothing else they have worked a bit on timing.

WiscIllini

Madison, WI
Uh, maybe--just maybe--it's really a lot for some kids to handle. As a teenager, moving to a new community, starting college classes and having a full-time job learning and playing college football and dealing with all the expectations...

While absolutely true, these students are also given opportunities (ie tutors) that average students just aren’t.

We need a transfer. 3 qbs in one clas with none other on the roster doesn’t bode well. Williams will be ready halfway through the season (I think). We need someone else to step in. Robinson could potentially squeak us through the early season, but I would rather have someone with experience. I would like to add fink and bhebhe. If nothing else they have worked a bit on timing.
Illinois will get a transfer QB.

Deleted member 654622

D
I guess my purpose of the post would mostly be for an understanding of some of these recruits environments. I believe the majority of the St. Louis area coaches really care about their players. Corey being one of them. Sure there will be some who look out for their own best interest. But the majority want to see them succeed in life. It feels like a strong bond was starting to be built as a group. This sad 'what if' story is likely to send more kids to trusted areas, like Corey and Lovie. McKenzie was in Coach Sunkett's program

Two transfer QBs? That would be kind of pointless, right?

Not really. injuries ahappen often and we really need a qb in each class. I don’t think we will go for 2 qbs, but i don’t think a senior, junior, redshirt freshman and freshman qb is unreasonable.

illini80

Forgottonia
For those who haven't heard, Jaylon McKenzie was killed last night. He was a 14 year old from East STL, who was featured in Sports Illustrated, and had offers from the Beloved and Mizzou. RIP Jaylon, may God look over you.

I just don't get that sort of senseless violence. It's just impossible for me to envision a scenario where I'd think, "let's unload bullets into a party."

illinihawk16

Chicago
For those who haven't heard, Jaylon McKenzie was killed last night. He was a 14 year old from East STL, who was featured in Sports Illustrated, and had offers from the Beloved and Mizzou. RIP Jaylon, may God look over you.

So unbelievably sad

man i seen he play in person. he was the best player on the field with high school players crazy mad. i got a little cousin that was there. crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.