Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
There has be extremely low odds that Illinois would convince two graduate transfer QBs to come to Champaign. They are both transferring for playing time, not competition. One commits, the other goes elsewhere (or both go elsewhere).
Especially with Isaiah in the fold and here to play QB.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Should we have a preference of 1 or the other of these grad transfer QB's?

My preference is Stevens. I think he'd be better, plus allows Williams to take the reins next year whereas Fink has two years of eligibility.

We need a transfer. 3 qbs in one clas with none other on the roster doesn’t bode well. Williams will be ready halfway through the season (I think). We need someone else to step in. Robinson could potentially squeak us through the early season, but I would rather have someone with experience. I would like to add fink and bhebhe. If nothing else they have worked a bit on timing.

We don't have 3 QBs in one class. Taylor redshirted last season.

For those that do not live in the St. Louis area, Jaylon McKenzie the 8th grader with offers from IL and Mo already, was shot and killed last night. The kid was being labeled as the next big superstar. From my understanding, another level above Mookie type of athlete. Sad news
https://www.si.com/high-school/2019/05/05/jaylon-mckenzie-shot-football-phenom-eighth-grade-dead
FYI Venice is not a good area

Terrible, just so senseless. RIP young man, prayers for your family.

Deleted member 654622

D
Should we have a preference of 1 or the other of these grad transfer QB's?
I would prefer Stevens. He is built like a TE so he should be able to take hits. And with only one season remaining, it gives Isaiah a cleaner shot at QB.

Deleted member 631370

D
Posted in the other thread, but Stevens is apparently visiting Kentucky tomorrow. That was unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.