Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reopseed60

Naples, Florida
I believe Illinois cooaches are in the process of getting a read on Tates intentions, this could be done this week . I f yes, search of options ends. If no, then they will grab Fink. Fink might really also help getting another SC receiver. I believe this situation will be done by weekend

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
This Fink commitment does seem odd. Has it been confirmed?

If it smells fishy...

giphy.gif

It looks bad when word comes out about a transfer coming that changes his mind. I would hope that we've learned
after, what, 4 receivers have done just that. I sure hope this isn't a QB doing the same thing. If there's something else
happening (another transfer QB maybe) we should probably hold our cards closer to our vest before announcing?

It looks bad when word comes out about a transfer coming that changes his mind. I would hope that we've learned
after, what, 4 receivers have done just that. I sure hope this isn't a QB doing the same thing. If there's something else
happening (another transfer QB maybe) we should probably hold our cards closer to our vest before announcing?
It’s aomething else....can’t change your mind if you never had a commutable offer....

Recruit better High School players so we don't need transfers? Food for thought.
Why limit yourself? OSU just got a transfer QB, are you shaming them for not recruiting better in the HS ranks?

Yes, Illinois needs to recruit better in HS, heck, theres maybe 5 schools out there that don't need to, maybe even less. Point is, even the best teams need to restock on older guys sometimes. Now, if you're consistently relying on a position to be filled via grad transfer, you're probably gonna have a bad time, QB is a good example. But the QB position has been bare since Nate left. I would argue the staff has recruited better at the QB position, stop gaps for younger guys to get up to speed are needed for most football positions in a rebuild.

I will concede, having a RS soph QB on the roster (which would've been this coaching staffs) would really have helped, but UI was (and really still is) one of the bottom 3 P5 teams. That's as big of a rebuild as you'll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.