Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,003      
Tried to email Bobby Roundtree at edu.com; no luck. But my prayers are for him. Fight, you Fighting Illini!

Again, what are chances of landing this Michigan QB transfer?

Another question: do current players, recruits visit these forums?

From what I've gathered, he ain't well-respected right here in DeKalb City. Fleck, that is.
Peters (y) as for players reading these forums then and family members do hope on every now and again.

#1,006      
Again, what are chances of landing this Michigan QB transfer?

I'm not anywhere close to being an insider but I've heard that Illinois has a good shot at landing him. Have to see if he will take his visits to Bowling Green and Miami (OH), however.

I think on yesterday's Werner show he also commented on Peters, sounded like he thought Peters wanted to play for a Power 5 team & at this point if we pushed he was probably ours to be had, but certainly added a caveat that nothing in recruiting was certain.

#1,007      

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Kevo Wesley strangely down to Vanderbilt and Boston College.

#1,011      
Assuming academics a big factor here

Vanderbilt and Illinois are more comparable than Iowa and Illinois in academics. Leaders in football doesn’t mean very much, especially for a person that is planning to let the process play out. I’m sure he wants to make sure he isn’t making a mistake by committing without checking out several places

#1,018      

Deleted member 29907

D
The Alma Otter contingent must be seething at that photo, although I suspect not many will see it.
I feel good that he has our current logo. I feel better that he didn’t say Illinoise University. However it would be a lock if he would have used Alma.

#1,022      

Deleted member 29907

D
"I" (eyes), "Pray" (hands), "to God" (finger to the heavens) ? In other words he's hoping someone makes the right decision and choses us?

Or, same first two with finger meaning "number 1"? "I Pray we're (someone in particular) the number one choice"?

Or "Watch me mess with a bunch of people's heads".

(Sometimes I miss the old days of the cryptic string of first letter statements on this board .... sigh)

#1,023      

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
"I" (eyes), "Pray" (hands), "to God" (finger to the heavens) ? In other words he's hoping someone makes the right decision and choses us?

Or, same first two with finger meaning "number 1"? "I Pray we're (someone in particular) the number one choice"?

Or "Watch me mess with a bunch of people's heads".

(Sometimes I miss the old days of the cryptic string of first letter statements on this board .... sigh)
Looks more to me like he is doing the whole “shhhh” thing as if he knows a secret?

#1,025      
Assuming academics a big factor here

Like he decided to pick two schools with really good academics? I'm pretty sure it isn't a matter of him being able to get in at BC and Vandy but not at Illinois and Iowa. Vandy isn't on too many fall-back school lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.