Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,426      
Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently we got a commitment from a Long Snapper out of Benet Academy. His name is Aidan Hall, but I can't find much more info on him.
Btw it looks like he is coming immediately, as he already graduated high school.

#1,433      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Hard to be optimistic right now when ISU beats us out for a Plan A kid from Illinois. Ugh! Probably over-magnifying this (cause a guy like Singleton can be found in Texas or Florida), but this is a flat out fail.

#1,435      
Hard to be optimistic right now when ISU beats us out for a Plan A kid from Illinois. Ugh! Probably over-magnifying this (cause a guy like Singleton can be found in Texas or Florida), but this is a flat out fail.
Did he announce already?

#1,437      
Nope. Lotta smoke though.

(If) This fail (happens),(it) is consistent with our inability to recruit illinois. I wouldn't be as concerned about this as I would about the final product this season. If we win 5 or 6, next year we will go bowling and the program will look pretty solid. I believe Lovie will be able to knock it out of the park with the following classes being able to sell the rebuild having worked. If we don't, our program will have a decent team, if the players stay, but I'm not optimistic that our program doesn't go back into a tailspin.

#1,438      

Deleted member 654622

D
Maybe its just a huge plan by all the kids in St. Louis and Chicago. Once they see improved product on the field, they all decommit from their current schools and announce the ILL....

tumblr_inline_n2or8afJAy1rbrja2.gif

#1,440      
Maybe its just a huge plan by all the kids in St. Louis and Chicago. Once they see improved product on the field, they all decommit from their current schools and announce the ILL....

tumblr_inline_n2or8afJAy1rbrja2.gif

I don't think we will see a mass influx of commitments to Illinois (from other programs). But if we have a good season, I expect to see a few. But, my comment is less about this class and more about the next class. Last year was underwhelming. it was enough to sell some key pieces on the difference they would make. This season is make or break. we expect 5 wins and major improvement. If that happens, next season will be a breakout year and I expect recruiting will start to fall in place.

#1,441      
I don't think we will see a mass influx of commitments to Illinois (from other programs). But if we have a good season, I expect to see a few. But, my comment is less about this class and more about the next class. Last year was underwhelming. it was enough to sell some key pieces on the difference they would make. This season is make or break. we expect 5 wins and major improvement. If that happens, next season will be a breakout year and I expect recruiting will start to fall in place.
well I can say it like this. we should go 4-8 they should beat 4 teams the first 3 and Rutgers. Minnesota, Purdue and northwestern should be toss up games. we have the same talent level as all 3 school but Purdue has a big time playmaker, northwest has a one of the best coach in the nation and Minnesota have a very experience team. but these season might just depend on the transfers. all of the transfers played or prepare for a bowl game and that huge for a roster with NO bowl game experience. A big wild card players is olwole betkiu jr he was a 5 star recruit as a DE. but USC played him at OLB. but if Austin clark can have him reach his 5 star celling than he could be a beast for the illini.

#1,442      
well I can say it like this. we should go 4-8 they should beat 4 teams the first 3 and Rutgers. Minnesota, Purdue and northwestern should be toss up games. we have the same talent level as all 3 school but Purdue has a big time playmaker, northwest has a one of the best coach in the nation and Minnesota have a very experience team. but these season might just depend on the transfers. all of the transfers played or prepare for a bowl game and that huge for a roster with NO bowl game experience. A big wild card players is olwole betkiu jr he was a 5 star recruit as a DE. but USC played him at OLB. but if Austin clark can have him reach his 5 star celling than he could be a beast for the illini.

I agree. I think we win the first 3 and rutgers, and we are in good position to outperform expectations again. I think Betiku will be an interesting watch. We don't need him to play to his 5* ranking, it would be nice, but if he could play to a 4* ranking that would be great! Also, I expect our receivers will be talented. Barring major injuries again this year, I expect a big step up from the receiving core.

Although the LB is my biggest question mark on defense, we have much more depth at the position, and think we should be able to get by. Ultimately, I think 5+ wins will hinge on the health of the O-line. We aren't deep there and an injury early in the season would be hard to recover from. If we could pull some O and D linemen soon, it would be great for our depth and the future of our program.

#1,444      
Underwhelming? Scout has it with 15 recruits as the 53rd in the country. One spot below NW with 19 commits. Below us is Arizona, Syracuse, Wake, Pitt, Vandy, Texas Tech, WSU, BCU, and others that have coaches many wanted here. All of them have at least three more recruits than us. For only 15 kids, it is a solid class.

#1,446      
Underwhelming? Scout has it with 15 recruits as the 53rd in the country. One spot below NW with 19 commits. Below us is Arizona, Syracuse, Wake, Pitt, Vandy, Texas Tech, WSU, BCU, and others that have coaches many wanted here. All of them have at least three more recruits than us. For only 15 kids, it is a solid class.
It would be nice to do better. That class had a few outliers in Beason and the Trinity kids who did a lot to boost the ranking. That won't happen every year based on current performance and it'd be nice to be able to fill classes out with more of the high 3 star guys.

#1,447      
It would be nice to do better. That class had a few outliers in Beason and the Trinity kids who did a lot to boost the ranking. That won't happen every year based on current performance and it'd be nice to be able to fill classes out with more of the high 3 star guys.
Eight players were .85 or better. That is over half.

#1,448      
We are 5 months away from LOI day. Wish we had 8 or more commits by now, but it is what it is. So glad, the team added these transfers, who can play for a couple of years.

#1,449      
How many recruits did they have around the same time last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.