Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,535      
Nevermind I found his ranking on scout...
Hes a 3 star o.t. and ranked the 32nd best player in north Carolina..
Not to shabby

Honestly, for OLine, this is a great get. Oline need time to develop and, to a large extent, it’s a crap shoot on how their speed, conditioning and size develop. Generally speaking if they grow and work, they will be able To contribute. From what I hear, he is capable for contributing early if needed.

#1,536      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Seemed like a Beckman/Cubit reach. But he's #787 on 247 (3 star), which is actually pretty good. Projecting offensive lineman is the biggest crapshoot. Maybe he's a bit of a sleeper. Lord knows we need OL. Can't teach size. This appears to be a much better get than I initially thought.

#1,542      

Deleted member 656517

D
Seemed like a Beckman/Cubit reach. But he's #787 on 247 (3 star), which is actually pretty good. Projecting offensive lineman is the biggest crapshoot. Maybe he's a bit of a sleeper. Lord knows we need OL. Can't teach size. This appears to be a much better get than I initially thought.
I trust our coach’s when it comes to crapshoots/sleepers... Well only if they can keep them around for more than a year

#1,543      
It’s a pretty good get. McClain really likes this kid.

#1,544      

Deleted member 654622

D
It’s a pretty good get. McClain really likes this kid.
I trust Rod Smith's opinion on McClain. But I am very interested to see what the Oline looks like under him this year. They are primed to take a step forward with maturity and experience. But getting some "evidence" of what McClain can do for an Olineman I suspect would give him a boost. From what I can tell, the dude works recruiting hard

#1,549      
I’m not nearly as connected as 80 so perhaps he can shed more light on this but I’ve been told we’re deep into adding another OL from the East with whom McClain has been leading the charge. I wasn’t told the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.