Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,603      

Deleted member 716187

D
Not sure how legit this video is, those could be 25Ib plates. But it came across my feed this am
Got me thinking about our videos of our lineman just putting up 305. This kid is a senior in HS, committed to Auburn. Different athletes

Its common for DB/WR types to outlift linemen on the power clean. This lift is geared towards explosion and fast twitch muscles rather than brute force. The smaller guys often power clean more than they can bench press, and as for a guy like me at 285lbs and benching 465, I only power clean 245 often getting beat by 190lber who only bench 250

#1,604      

Deleted member 654622

D
I must be bad at communicating the focal points of my post. I apologize for that. I'll be very specific with no icing from now on.
That Senior in high school is lifting more than ANY on our current roster. Those athletes are difference makers. And as a disclaimer - I'm still not sold that those were 45lb plates
Its common for DB/WR types to outlift linemen on the power clean. This lift is geared towards explosion and fast twitch muscles rather than brute force. The smaller guys often power clean more than they can bench press, and as for a guy like me at 285lbs and benching 465, I only power clean 245 often getting beat by 190lber who only bench 250
Your weight has nothing to do with your clean to bench discrepancy. If you can bench 465 and can only power clean 245, you clearly focus on your upper body more than your lower. I am not talking about your local power lifting clubs, I am talking about collegiate athletes. Don't tell me these DEs and LBs that can run in the sub 4.5 40s don't have fast twitch fibers out the a**. Their gym time is spent utilizing fast twitch lifts, not laying on bench presses and doing curls for the girls.
Not a small guy in this video.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C39523A1D835148A8DE4C39523A1D835148&FORM=VIRE

#1,607      
Word on the street is the staff are expecting a big time recruit to comitt at or right after the grill on the grove....
Fingers crossed..

If I were to guess a “big time” recruit that is going to commit, I would guess frenchie. I think we have several 3* commits that are ready.

#1,609      

Deleted member 654622

D
If I were to guess a “big time” recruit that is going to commit, I would guess frenchie. I think we have several 3* commits that are ready.
That would be a solid get. I hear he needs to buckle down on the school work though

#1,610      
That would be a solid get. I hear he needs to buckle down on the school work though

I can’t think of others that seem ready to commit that I would consider “big time” unless Moore moves his date up

#1,621      
I heard mookies trying to get frenchie to go with him
Pretty sure they have 4 spots planned for 4 wr iirc...which was impetus/pressure/leverage for Mookie committing now. Don’t think there’s room for the Frenchie. Unless it’s for another position, but I don’t know enough about him.

#1,624      
Not sure how legit this video is, those could be 25Ib plates. But it came across my feed this am
Got me thinking about our videos of our lineman just putting up 305. This kid is a senior in HS, committed to Auburn. Different athletes

Georgia has athletic periods and spring football iirc. It is not uncommon for kids to be able to throw heavy weight in these circumstances (405 heavier than normal though). What I see in Texas is that kids lift in their athletic periods consistently from 7th grade on. I have seen freshman where I work pull off 6x2 squats on 315 and an out going senior last year hang clean 365.

When you can work out your athletes for 1.5 hours a day in class, you can get really high level results.

Status
Not open for further replies.