#1,726      

FT35

Naperville
Last edited:
#1,728      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
More CBs for James Frenchie, Blaise Sparks and Kevin Tyler:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...ity-Catholic-192321/CurrentExpertPredictions/

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...h-Fort-Myers-218237/CurrentExpertPredictions/

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Kevin-Tyler-at-Ritenour-223877/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Kevin Tyler is at Kansas today but he said he wants to commit soon.

I really like his film. He's very athletic for a guy his size.

Those three would be VG adds. Hoping that it's over, beside the announcements.

#1,730      

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
Those three would be VG adds. Hoping that it's over, beside the announcements.

I know Quadre Nicholson and Finnigan Schirmer aren't as exciting as AJ Henning and Mookie Cooper, but they seem to also be "gettable" at this juncture. One seems to want to be here, and the other has the kind of athletic ability that you gamble on developing when you are an emerging program. If the remainder of the class does in fact somehow include the three Wiltfong just CBed for as well as Nicholson and Schirmer, this class (if it held) would still be an upgrade in athleticism with an eye on player development. It also seems like Fleck may be losing some momentum with Joe Moore, who would be another great get IMO.

This is all speculation, of course. The class could wind up including none of the above. But the foundation for a solid, if unspectacular class, has been laid.

#1,732      
More CBs for James Frenchie, Blaise Sparks and Kevin Tyler:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...ity-Catholic-192321/CurrentExpertPredictions/

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...h-Fort-Myers-218237/CurrentExpertPredictions/

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Kevin-Tyler-at-Ritenour-223877/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Kevin Tyler is at Kansas today but he said he wants to commit soon.

I really like his film. He's very athletic for a guy his size.

Frenchie is a new one and what a huge get he is, fantastic news on him. Kevin Tyler, Blaise Sparks and Finnigan Schirmer have all been considered in our camp by the staff for quite some time. Their commitments are essentially just a matter of announcement timing as far as I’m told.

Two that I’ve been told to watch for are a kid from the East and a kid from Texas in terms of recruits we haven’t spoken much about.

#1,733      

FT35

Naperville
Frenchie is a new one and what a huge get he is, fantastic news on him. Kevin Tyler, Blaise Sparks and Finnigan Schirmer have all been considered in our camp by the staff for quite some time. Their commitments are essentially just a matter of announcement timing as far as I’m told.

Two that I’ve been told to watch for are a kid from the East and a kid from Texas in terms of recruits we haven’t spoken much about.

Is Goram-Welch the kid from Texas that you are hearing about? I think he's visiting a few places this weekend but he also visited us back in June so it was nice to get him back on campus.

I hope the kid from the East is Pogorelc. He's at Indiana today. He has a great 247 rating and also got a 34 on his ACT. He has a bunch of Ivy League offers in addition to offers from Illinois, Indiana and Syracuse.

#1,735      
Is Goram-Welch the kid from Texas that you are hearing about? I think he's visiting a few places this weekend but he also visited us back in June so it was nice to get him back on campus.

I hope the kid from the East is Pogorelc. He's at Indiana today. He has a great 247 rating and also got a 34 on his ACT. He has a bunch of Ivy League offers in addition to offers from Illinois, Indiana and Syracuse.

I wasn’t given any names, sorry. All I know is the kid from the East is an OL who McClain has been very active in recruiting and the kid from Texas is getting pressed pretty hard to give us a verbal.

I also got hit a while back with a DB we were working hard on but it’s been reported the last week or so now that it’s Roman Parodie, whom we hope to flip from Ohio.

#1,737      

Deleted member 656517

D
We need to land Goram-Welch. With his movement skills and a year or two in our weight room he’s going to be an absolute beast

#1,738      
He ran a 4.87 40 so he is more of a pro-style QB and not like IW or Bush at all.

He's actually the polar opposite of IW. IW was a 4 year starter at TCHS who put up absurd numbers in High School yet was not highly thought of on the camp circuit.

Dixon hasn't done much in High School but wows people on the camp circuit with his measurables and arm strength.
Another good thing, maybe, is Dixon did not start junior year, and did not transfer, hopefully patience will continue into college if he sits for a few years.

#1,746      
Finally got to watch those HUDL videos. My takeaways, he can move well in the pocket. Has a crazy arm. He is a very big qb. His speed will not be an issue. He is no IWilliams with his feet, but he can move off the ball. I can see why he was so coveted.

I watched more tape and he can run just fine. He can make plays with his feet. Great in broken coverage. He is a HUGE pickup.

Last edited:
#1,748      
Finally got to watch those HUDL videos. My takeaways, he can move well in the pocket. Has a crazy arm. He is a very big qb. His speed will not be an issue. He is no IWilliams with his feet, but he can move off the ball. I can see why he was so coveted.

I watched more tape and he can run just fine. He can make plays with his feet. Great in broken coverage. He is a HUGE pickup.
I agree. Exceptional touch on the ball. One generally expects it to take high school qbs 2 years to get that kind of touch once they enter college. Was not looking for where the next hit is coming from. Very impressive tape! Hard to predict anyone for the college game because everything becomes so much faster but, depending upon which way R Smith wants to go with his O, he could be really good.

#1,749      

Deleted member 645583

D
It's summer, and I figured there wouldn't be much football news. Boy, was I wrong!

CJ Dixon, courted by virtually most major programs, commits to Illinois. Wowee!

Somehow I'm reminded of the movie "Field of Dreams". Ray Kinsella's brother-in-law, after finally seeing the light and Shoeless Joe et al, says something like: "don't sell this farm, Ray."

That's how I feel about Illini football right now: don't sell it short. As I've said before, Lovie is the right man for the job, and his staff appears to be winners and on board.

But I hate that disease afflicting college sports: transfers. But I think Illinois is set up nicely at QB and spacing:. Peters, junior; Williams, freshman; Dixon, a senior in high school!

GO ILLINOISANS! The greatest color combination since ... orange and navy blue!

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,750      

Deleted member 645583

D
I also love orange and black, the colors of DeKalb High School and the home of Dre Brown. May you be healthy this season, speehe otherdster. His high-school QB is first-string at Dartmouth College. I hated orange and black in high school: colors of Ritenour High School in St. Louis (MO) County But I was privileged to be inserted into the lineup when our pitcher threw a no-hitter at them. I actually fielded a grounder and threw accurately! to first base for an out. Pitcher was Steve something, helluva athlete.

I'm not dismissing all the other Illini QB prospects. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.