Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,826      
Based on what I heard, “4 people came off the board” for Illinois. I doubt Wilkerson was on anyone’s radar, so I’m thinking two more. My guess is frenchie and sgw. Any other guesses?

#1,827      
Based on what I heard, “4 people came off the board” for Illinois. I doubt Wilkerson was on anyone’s radar, so I’m thinking two more. My guess is frenchie and sgw. Any other guesses?
4 from this weekend...Dixon...Tyler.....then follow the other 2 CBS from Saturday.

#1,833      
Any opinions on Devon Witherspoon before IB's LLUOI comes out?
This kid is mega talented. He is a shut down corner according to his coach. His film showed a guy who can play on both sides of the ball. I hope he stays at shut down corner. Six one and can leap out the gym. He was a good basketball, track and football player. Appears he has only played one or two years of football. The good news is he will be on campus is a week or so and will learn from Hobbs and Beason. 2019 is going to be epic.

#1,841      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Two Texas A&M crystal balls for Antonio Johnson.

#1,844      

Deleted member 656517

D
I suspect that his OL classmate is going to find his schollie offer from Tennessee evaporate now. Do we want him anymore? TAM isn't going to go for a "package deal" with the quality of recruits they're bringing in at OL and DB
They’ll have to honor it if they ever plan on recruiting ESL again. Sunkett won’t stand for that

#1,846      
A JC LB from TX named Maureese Wren just decommitted from Mizzou. He is rated as the #1 athlete in JC. Does anybody know if the Illini are in on him? He also follows Beason, Calvin Avery and Hayes-Stoker on Twitter.

#1,847      
A JC LB from TX named Maureese Wren just decommitted from Mizzou. He is rated as the #1 athlete in JC. Does anybody know if the Illini are in on him? He also follows Beason, Calvin Avery and Hayes-Stoker on Twitter.

I thought the Portal was the last frontier in transfers.

Now comes de-commits.

Not to be outdone, we also have "follows" - I assume on twitter.

Gawd, life used to be soooooo.... simple. Now it is WTF on opioids.

#1,849      
This kid is mega talented. He is a shut down corner according to his coach. His film showed a guy who can play on both sides of the ball. I hope he stays at shut down corner. Six one and can leap out the gym. He was a good basketball, track and football player. Appears he has only played one or two years of football. The good news is he will be on campus is a week or so and will learn from Hobbs and Beason. 2019 is going to be epic.
The guy's only 160 lbs and has only been playing FB for two years, and had a problem qualifying for a schollie as well (hence the late addition). Sounds l;ike another Unije and Coleman situation, except with Coleman he drew a lot of major attention late in the game.

Definitely a developmental project. Attitude and work ethic will be a big factor. He's definitely an athlete. We just need to see if he's a FB player. The facvt that he was POTY in a tough conference certainly makes the addition optimistic...

#1,850      
This will be a big test for McClain. He got skunked on instate OL recruits Skoronski (NW) 4*, Elsbury (Iowa) 3*, Harper (oregon) 3*, Barrett (Wisconsin) 3*, Wesley (Vanderbilt) 3*, Spraggins (Tennessee...for a while after he gets his schollie taken away after Antonio Johnson defected), not to mention ST John from Trinity. Hey, 0 for 7 for "home territory" OL doesn't get you a contract renewal unless Lovie likes you...)

McClain's "home territory" was supposed to be the Va and NC. If he can't get decent players from there how we can keep him and improve the OL? Pogorelc from Va committing would at least show he could recruit SOMEBODY! If not, perhaps he just isn't suited to P5 OL recruiting. For what we pay staff, we should be able to do better....

Status
Not open for further replies.