Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The twitter world didn't make it seem like it was that simple but not sure what its about

It’s was definitely a situation looking at his moms tweet and then his. Something went down. Some twitter chatter is that he was expelled.

Missouri losing a top rated commit for 2020, Illini on his shot list.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/m...top-rated-2020-recruit-decommits-from-tigers/
I really hope the Illini get this recruit. I think he is a great get and could be a valuable cog in a great defensive machine in the future. When I saw his videos, I was blown away with his athleticism, speed, size and strength. This kid is the real deal and along with Cooper, Barnes, Beason, etc... we could have a dominating defense for years to come starting in 2020.

However many rides left, leave em for potential portal guys! 😄

We have only 4 scholarships left to offer, but since we'll still need a punter once Blake Hayes leaves, it's really only 3.

Did I miss an announcement? Is someone going pro? Visa/immigration issues? Hayes and McCourt both have two years of eligibility.
Hayes will be able to declare for the draft. Even if he doesn't leave, they'll probably want somebody else just in case.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Hayes will be able to declare for the draft. Even if he doesn't leave, they'll probably want somebody else just in case.

I know it happens (usually in the late rounds) but I feel like nobody is going to use a draft pick on Blake Hayes. (And I think he’s great)

Also, Hayes is a Junior this year so we won’t recruit a scholarship punter until next recruiting class.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Of interest in the Joe Moore recruitment. Seems to be a two-team race with Illinois and Minnesota. Looking at Minny's DE situation: they brought in 4 defensive ends this year AND already have commitments for four defensive ends in the 2020 class. Moore would be ranked significantly higher than the other 2019 and 2020 recruits, but it's interesting that Minny has brought in that many bodies at DE and still looking for more.

These are the most important battles for Lovie. This isn't taking anything away from securing the Beasons and Williams of the recruiting world but beating B1G West teams for local talent is imperative for Lovie to survive. I've said it on here before that Lovie is locked in a battle with Fleck to move Illinois up the ladder. Strong on-field performance will also lead to siphoning talent away from Missouri (especially with Patterson) and Iowa, but that is going to be more of a long-term play. Northwestern and Wisconsin recruit very different players, seems to be very little crossover. Plenty of crossover with Iowa State but there is no conference or schedule connection.

Of interest in the Joe Moore recruitment. Seems to be a two-team race with Illinois and Minnesota. Looking at Minny's DE situation: they brought in 4 defensive ends this year AND already have commitments for four defensive ends in the 2020 class. Moore would be ranked significantly higher than the other 2019 and 2020 recruits, but it's interesting that Minny has brought in that many bodies at DE and still looking for more.

These are the most important battles for Lovie. This isn't taking anything away from securing the Beasons and Williams of the recruiting world but beating B1G West teams for local talent is imperative for Lovie to survive. I've said it on here before that Lovie is locked in a battle with Fleck to move Illinois up the ladder. Strong on-field performance will also lead to siphoning talent away from Missouri (especially with Patterson) and Iowa, but that is going to be more of a long-term play. Northwestern and Wisconsin recruit very different players, seems to be very little crossover. Plenty of crossover with Iowa State but there is no conference or schedule connection.
...move up the ladder...JFG is that you??? Lol
Good post

Unfortunately, it’s not a two horse race.

Lovie was supposed to be the pied piper from Chicago.
Lovie has been great. Its no such thing as a pied piper in chicago. If you believed that then smh. If you thought it was going to turn around with a finger snap then smh. Lovie is building a foundation. We see it forming in the STL area. A little bit in the dallas area. The talent on the team has risen.

Mizzou? North Carolina?

ASU is still strongly in play apparently but I’m told there’s a big offer for him out there now. There may be more coming but I’ve been told of one.

Bottom line, this is nowhere near Lovie vs. PJ Fleck. A lot of programs are interested in this kid, as they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.