Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a suggestion that we don’t have talent deficiencies at the player level now and into the future?
The suggestion is as the talent has improved the instruction on the defensive side has not.

Not sure if it has an underlying message but mookie coopers mom ruth cooper just tweeted a picture of illini signees captioned (the future)

Deleted member 654622

D
interested that the Director of High School Recruiting (I think that is the title) was out recruiting the other day. Reported he was allowed because of "health reasons" of an assistant coach.
No insight but much like the opportunity Brad has with the whole Walker situation, this seems like a great opportunity to take advantage of the rules. Say Gil is super old and cannot do the required travel, even though we all know he just doesn't want to do it. So we have another non assistant coach staffer do all his recruiting, while he focuses on coaching the current roster.
Just a thought.

Deleted member 654622

D
Oops. A super Cooper blooper.
Super Duper Cooper Blooper
See the source image

Got some pretty disheartening news yesterday. I did reach out to a respected poster here to see if he could corroborate and he told me he was semi-aware of this potential situation with one of the names but had heard nothing else.

I’m being told that our staff is aware that 2 of our current commits are unlikely to carry through signing day. I did promise I wouldn’t share names but I will say they’re big ones.

Last edited:
Got some pretty disheartening news yesterday. I did reach out to a respected poster here to see if he could corroborate and he told me he was semi-aware of this potential situation with one of the names but had heard nothing else.

I’m being told that our staff is aware that 2 of our current commits are unlikely to carry through signing day. I did promise I wouldn’t share names but I will say they’re big ones.
Considering 4 stand out as “big ones”, that would hurt but i’d say the fact that two of those are still on good terms with signing to the Illini after the past few years is lucky nonetheless. Hoping all 4 end up signing with us but... we’ll see after this season

If our big name recruits are dumping us then we should consider dumping Lovie now and try to salvage the situation. How long would it take to get an interim D coordinator in place?

illini80

Forgottonia
I would say recruiting is dead in the water at this point. Unless we have a new coach to announce before signing day, I wouldn’t expect many to put their name on the line early.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I mean, this is ALL to be expected. Even if we kept Lovie, these recruits probably needed to see major results and progress. They have seen the exact opposite.

I would say recruiting is dead in the water at this point. Unless we have a new coach to announce before signing day, I wouldn’t expect many to put their name on the line early.

Hard to say. Our real recruiting efforts right now aren’t geared toward 2020, they’re geared toward 2021 where we need to sign every bit of 24-27 kids. The reports I’ve gotten there are mixed. Some optimism, some pessimism.

If our big name recruits are dumping us then we should consider dumping Lovie now and try to salvage the situation. How long would it take to get an interim D coordinator in place?
I think Miles could be picked up on short notice.

Jeremy Werner just moments ago reporting the same news I was told Saturday night and posted here yesterday, Joe Moore likely headed to ASU.

Huge miss.

Deleted member 654622

D
Love and Frenchie just tweeted that they wont be doing any interviews anytime soon. Could be about IL, could be about thier HS team.
Considering where we are at. I'm worried it's about IL

Status
Not open for further replies.