Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini80

Forgottonia
All future recruits should proceed directly to the film room where the game and aftermath is on a continuous loop.

Deleted member 3875

D
What’s the impact on Cardinal Ritter mess on Illini recruiting?

What’s the impact on Cardinal Ritter mess on Illini recruiting?

I don’t have any connections there to really say but I doubt this means anything for us. We don’t have anyone coming or in the works and there isn’t anyone in 21 on my radar. Weird situation but not anything meaningful for us as far as I can see.

Sounds like we're optimistic on Spann but there's probably no luck on Antonio Doyle.

Also hearing we're still talking to Denver Warren, who hasn't played much this year apparently.

Deleted member 654622

D
Sounds like we're optimistic on Spann but there's probably no luck on Antonio Doyle.

Also hearing we're still talking to Denver Warren, who hasn't played much this year apparently.
Doyle is going to LSU this weekend. We can't match that atmosphere. Gonna need to win a lot of remaining games for that to be realistic

Doyle is going to LSU this weekend. We can't match that atmosphere. Gonna need to win a lot of remaining games for that to be realistic

CB is still 100% for A&M. Not sure how realistic that still is but regardless, I've been told Doyle probably isn't happening.

That's a huge talent to miss out on him but to even get into his mix was a bit of a shock to me. And I'm happy with how the talent in our LB room sits as well. Missing on Doyle is not the same as missing on Joe Moore.

I've heard that Denver Warren is coming to Illinois pending some personal things.

The atmosphere isn't the concern for Doyle. It comes down to his future. If he can see Illinois advancing his future comparably to A&M, then we have a shot. He likes things about Illinois. But, coaching stability, NFL prospects, etc. will weigh on his decision

Deleted member 654622

D
The atmosphere isn't the concern for Doyle. It comes down to his future. If he can see Illinois advancing his future comparably to A&M, then we have a shot. He likes things about Illinois. But, coaching stability, NFL prospects, etc. will weigh on his decision
Just heard last night that he cancelled his LSU visit. Anyone else hear that?

And Spann is possibly close with the Miami commit Tre'von Riggins that also visited Saturday. But recent history with Miami de-commits isn't too solid.

I love to see Rod getting some new weapons to run with... where do we stand with CJ Dixon these days? Sounded like he is more out than in these days

I love to see Rod getting some new weapons to run with... where do we stand with CJ Dixon these days? Sounded like he is more out than in these days

I’ve heard the opposite. I’ve heard he is all in. Given that he hasn’t been anywhere plays in our favor

I’ve heard the opposite. I’ve heard he is all in. Given that he hasn’t been anywhere plays in our favor

I’m told he’s shaky and he’s getting other interest but he’s not the name I heard as a high probability de-commit.

I hope he's all in, because my son is pumped about him coming (his name is C. J. Dixon... although, to be fair, no one really calls him that).

I won't ask for names again, but is the high probability de-commit rated above Dixon?

This class is too small to give hints, it would give names away and kinda betray the trust I’ve been given. Sorry. I will say that I have spoken in messages with a poster who is hands down the most respected insider here and in regards to the de-commitment name I was told, he responded “That doesn’t surprise me”.

My source is still saying Doyle probably isn’t happening but that same respected insider from above disagree with that. It does sound very much like a “heart vs. head” decision for him.

Wish we were in on some decent DBs, that group is gonna be ROUGH come 2021. The back half of the secondary needs to be, at a minimum, 6 deep to be an above average functioning unit. Minimum, As of now, come 2021, we’ll be.....2 deep. That won’t cut it,

Status
Not open for further replies.