Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,103      
This is precisely why we should.
I get that it takes Lovie's focus from other aspects of the team, but Miles has been okaaayyy as a recruiter. I wasn't a fan of the hire, and am still very much on the fence, but so far we've been okay. I can be hopeful that if someone better comes along Lovie would move on, but I supremely doubt that happens.

#1,104      
Let's get back to this apparently significant HS player that will be committing to us soon. Any hints as to who it is?

#1,105      
Let's get back to this apparently significant HS player that will be committing to us soon. Any hints as to who it is?

I'm sure you guys can connect the dots.

What I am told is that the flood may be a few weeks out. A lot of our commits are still playing and won't make anything official until their season's have ended.

#1,110      
Just for fun with realization that chances of flipping each of these guys is probably all less than <10%, rank the order of likelyhood to flip to illini

Here is mine

Jalen St. John - (Most Likely)
Antonio Jonson
Joe Moore
AJ Henning
Javontez Spraggins
Willis Singleton
Mookie Cooper (Least Likely)

#1,113      

Deleted member 654622

D
Just for fun with realization that chances of flipping each of these guys is probably all less than <10%, rank the order of likelyhood to flip to illini

Here is mine

Jalen St. John - (Most Likely)
Antonio Jonson
Joe Moore
AJ Henning
Javontez Spraggins
Willis Singleton
Mookie Cooper (Least Likely)
Is J St. John even in play still?

#1,118      

Deleted member 654622

D
I wouldn't worry about it too much. He's a highly unlikely flip.
Wasn't it Tennessee that had the "welcoming committee" for the recruits on their visits? Not to be confused with Louisville that was bringing in professional "welcoming committees".

#1,119      

FT35

Naperville
I see our new basketball commit is pushing his buddy for an IL offer on twitter
https://247sports.com/player/kaevion-mack-46081423/

6'3" is not a bad frame. 170lbs is super skinny. Offer list isn't knocking anyone's socks off

Mack has been on our radar for a long time. The staff has seen him plenty of times since we have a couple of Peoria High players on the team. He was one of Coran's primary receiving targets in 2017.

Mack decommitted from NIU back in May and then Iowa offered him in person not long after that. He was headed to Iowa but he waited too long to commit to them and they ran out of room.

It's unlikely we'd offer him now and word is Mack will probably end up at NIU.

He's an interesting prospect. He was actually named the conference player of the year on the defensive side of the ball in 2018:

https://www.pjstar.com/sports/20181119/peoria-highs-kaevion-mack-is-big-12-defensive-player-of-year

#1,120      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I hung my hat on the hope that Lovie could elevate our dumpster fire program to an "If you build it, they will come." level. We're obviously not there yet, but there are encouraging signs. Am optimistic that our recruiting is on the uptick.

#1,123      

FT35

Naperville
No chance.

If Barry Odom's status changes, all bets may be off (For all of their commits, most notably the Buford kid) but that's not a small thing that could sway a player. That's a drastic measure.

Isn't Buford already enrolled there? He was in the Class of 2019.

I would imagine that St. John is only an option if Odom gets fired which is certainly possible.

#1,124      
Isn't Buford already enrolled there? He was in the Class of 2019.

I would imagine that St. John is only an option if Odom gets fired which is certainly possible.

My apologies, I'm in two different conversations but the cat is out. The Buford kid I was referencing is a Texas kid I've seen play a bunch who's (loosely) committed to FSU.

St. John isn't happening.

Last edited:
#1,125      
Only thing keeping Odom around is his contract... I believe he just signed a good size extension. M I crooked letter would be on the hook for a substantial amount of $

Status
Not open for further replies.