Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,630      

FT35

Naperville
Did we get another under the table commitment? I am seeing twitter activity from Corey and Clark

I noticed that Austin is in St. Petersburg, FL. Could be about Riggins and Spann.

#1,631      
I'm ok with the Shipton commit, it fills an immediate need for this year, and hopefully he can spell Avery.

Also we may be getting a Levelston commit.

Newton is also tweeting at Shipton, we might get all 3 of them.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 11.26.42 AM.png

Last edited:
#1,634      
Considering all the hype was going toward others about this weekend, I was also disappointed. Made it seem like we missed out on who we were really targeting

taking shipton is more like a sign that the d line market isn’t like the skill positions market

#1,637      
Pretty sure all the staff tweets were for Shipton. Even though it had been reported widely yesterday, he just announced it himself on twitter so I think they were giving him his moment with the retweets, #illgang20 stuff.

#1,644      
I agree with you only when it doesn't look good for us!

LOL, good thinking.

Unfortunately, it's the good that causes issues. A person's expectations go through the roof the minute they see something on social media that they perceive to be in our favor. I was very new and not all that open on this board at this time but I specifically recall this little nugget causing quite the stir.

1575930296315.png

Despite my personal thoughts, I honestly wouldn't recommend paying much attention to anything related to these platforms. They break hearts.

#1,645      
Word to the wise, hoping to gain an accurate picture of what's happening based on twitter/social media is not the best idea.

I mean we heard promises of something big, so we go hunting for something... Social media is at least from the source of the guys themselves. It at least is showing us that the DL recruits get along well.

#1,647      
I mean we heard promises of something big, so we go hunting for something... Social media is at least from the source of the guys themselves. It at least is showing us that the DL recruits get along well.

Nothing wrong with that, don't let it sway your expectation level is all.

What inevitably happens is someone views this platform, draws a conclusion based on what they perceive and then if/when things don't pan out the way they believed they would, the frustration level grows to a point where the anger gets misplaced. Viewing that post above and having it turn to "Lovie sucks, we should have had Jalen, he clearly wanted to be here"! Those are the types of things I hope we can avoid by understanding what social media does and does not do.

That's a wild example by the way, not a direct reflection of anything I've witnessed on this particular board.

#1,649      
True as the statement is, unfortunately, "wise" and "the internet" never intersect. The "internet" is specifically designed to make billions on the "unwise".

Buying a $300 "Penn and Tell Fool Everyone" magic set on Amazon can't be unwise. The shipping is free. Gotta play the long game bombay.

Status
Not open for further replies.