Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a lot of ways, Texas A&M has a lot going for them. First, it is in the state of Texas. Football is king in Texas. Second, it is the only SEC school in Texas. Whether we agree or not, the SEC is considered by many (not me) to be the flagship conference for football. Then you look at the alumni base (one of the most supportive and rabid bases in the country), the donors for the athletic department, the facilities, the culture, the weather, etc... Plus you look at their tradition (more recent), in the past 10 years they have not won less than 7 games. They have had a season with 11 wins. It is one of the best schools in the SEC. It is not hard to sell the program.
I agree, but my opinion is mostly SEC + Jimbo getting guys to the NFL, it's hard to beat them. Lovie hasn't really sent guys to the NFL yet, even though he coached at that level.

QB Deuce Spann now with offers from Auburn and Utah in the last 24 hours. FSU probably will offer as well. Doubtful he ends up here

QB Deuce Spann now with offers from Auburn and Utah in the last 24 hours. FSU probably will offer as well. Doubtful he ends up here
This happens every cycle. Larger offers for QBs always come in near ESP date. I wouldn’t say doubtful for us though. The kid and Rod have developed a strong relationship as I’m told. Don’t count us out.

Watched a little of the film and good size and strength. Was committed to Miz. But because of the change of coaches, he flipped. He isn't coming in at 210 pounds. Good pick up. Wonder if some of the other D lineman maybe aren't coming here.

Captain Trips-ville, Planet Houston
Watched a little of the film and good size and strength. Was committed to Miz. But because of the change of coaches, he flipped. He isn't coming in at 210 pounds. Good pick up. Wonder if some of the other D lineman maybe aren't coming here.
Bailey might be a rower. Anywho, love Cooper's frame and that he's not a string bean. Flipping Miznoz commits is sweet, sweet nectar!

He looks like Okpala from his HUDL highlights. I think he'll start off at SDE and could possibly be moved to DT.
I need to see the tape but if that’s the profile as you see it, that’s a decent get for us.

1 of the DL we have been in on almost certainly won’t sign. Not going to say who, the situation is fluid but it’s probably not happening. And it’s not Wiggles.

Cooper has great size and his HUDL highlights look pretty solid. Needs to work on pad level (what high school lineman doesn't, let alone one who is 6'5''), but his get off is actually pretty quick in a lot of these plays. Technique looks okay to good. Athleticism looks positive (especially that TD catch playing TE), but nowhere near the type of explosive prospect that Coleman and Bailey are at DE. I like this pickup a lot as he is a good prospect and a flip from Mizzou.

Fair expectation: a year in the weightroom before becoming a rotation player, and then a solid B1G starter in his last two years of eligibility. He could play spot minutes in the rotation his freshman year given his size, but I don't see any way they will play him beyond the 4 game limit.

I need to see the tape but if that’s the profile as you see it, that’s a decent get for us.

1 of the DL we have been in on almost certainly won’t sign. Not going to say who, the situation is fluid but it’s probably not happening. And it’s not Wiggles.
Would wager it's Newton. He and Bailey seem like the less likely targets now, but more possibility with Bailey. Thanks as always for your insights/scoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.