Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,876      
C.J. use to be rated higher, and still has much better arm talent, but Duece seems to be a more electrifying overall prospect.

#1,877      

FT35

Naperville
C.J. was rated higher, but is Deuce a better fit for what Rod wants to run?

Absolutely. Spann is a true dual threat QB.

Dixon was always going to be a project. He got his rating/offers based on camp performances. This year was his first year starting at the varsity level. I have no idea where Dixon will end up but Spann got offers from Auburn and Utah just this week. Also, Norvell/FSU were making a late push for Spann as well. This is a fantastic get for us.

#1,882      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Neither.......why don't a lot of recruits not end up signing with Illinois?

🤔 Coaching staff doesn't think they're worth a scholarship or recruit prefers a scholarship offer from another (often more prominent) school?

#1,886      
Greg Spann needs a MOUNTAIN of work but he legitimately does things on tape that have me saying “Wow”.

This kid could win the job come 2021.

#1,889      

Deleted member 654622

D
I still don't understand why he wears jersey #1 when his nickname is Deuce. It will bug me the entire time he is here, unless he changes it.
Well we have another QB who's nickname is actually ONE. And I don't think he will be giving that up

EDIT: BananaaShampoo beat me to it

#1,890      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Greg Spann needs a MOUNTAIN of work but he legitimately does things on tape that have me saying “Wow”.

This kid could win the job come 2021.

And with hopefully Peters starting in 2020, Williams taking a step forward this upcoming season, I like the idea of a project that has special skills. Great grab by the staff.

#1,891      
And with hopefully Peters starting in 2020, Williams taking a step forward this upcoming season, I like the idea of a project that has special skills. Great grab by the staff.
I am hoping IW gets a real chance to start in 2020. I don't know why the staff did not let IW play more during the season up to the max for a redshirt. Robinson played when Isaih should have been on the field. IW is a better passer and much better runner and a very smart kid on and off the field. I hope the staff has a true competition this year instead of the coronation of Peters like last year. I don't understand why the Illini think they need so many qb's. I can see a few transfers coming soon. Rod, let the best player play regardless of their class.

#1,892      
I am hoping IW gets a real chance to start in 2020. I don't know why the staff did not let IW play more during the season up to the max for a redshirt. Robinson played when Isaih should have been on the field. IW is a better passer and much better runner and a very smart kid on and off the field. I hope the staff has a true competition this year instead of the coronation of Peters like last year. I don't understand why the Illini think they need so many qb's. I can see a few transfers coming soon. Rod, let the best player play regardless of their class.

wasn’t he injured?

#1,893      

Deleted member 654622

D
Sorry but this isnt true according to people who have watched practice. Matt was better so Matt played

#1,895      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

wow

#1,896      
Sorry but this isnt true according to people who have watched practice. Matt was better so Matt played

Not true. Matt was better in Camp not in practice as the year went on, hence the quick string. If Rod had his way, IW would have played over Matt against NW. Lovie just has a tendency to push for experience over youth (fr/soph)

Status
Not open for further replies.