Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess no unless he is moving the date up.

If he's delaying the announcement then that probably means he wants to take more visits. He had an OV to ASU scheduled the weekend he visited us that he had to cancel.

Maybe, maybe not. Committing doesn’t preclude him from taking visits. A more likely guess is that this means he legitimately isn’t sure of where he wants to play college football, which could be considered a good thing for the good guys. With how deep Minnesota had their hooks in this kid, getting to him the point of uncertainty is half of our battle.

As for Kyan Graham, it’s a solid get should it come to fruition. I’m assuming he plays CB but either way, he’s got some talent.

A lot of focus for us right now on flip candidates.

Maybe, maybe not. Committing doesn’t preclude him from taking visits. A more likely guess is that this means he legitimately isn’t sure of where he wants to play college football, which could be considered a good thing for the good guys. With how deep Minnesota had their hooks in this kid, getting to him the point of uncertainty is half of our battle.

As for Kyan Graham, it’s a solid get should it come to fruition. I’m assuming he plays CB but either way, he’s got some talent.

A lot of focus for us right now on flip candidates.

Thanks!

My thoughts are that this bodes well for us. Lovie has slow played this. He is saying take your time, go through the process. Since most others are pushing commits, a slow process suggests we are in his ear.

Also, he may buy into the system and hear from naysayers. He may want to see how the season progresses, which would also be good. He may not commit to us. But, I take it as a good sign.

Is this good
It could go either way.. but like I said earlier he wants to come to illinois but is waiting because his family wants him to be 1000000 percent sure that we are what he wants.
It kinds goes with the whole "him being sure this is what he wants "..
But then again you never know with these kids...
In my opinion I dont even thing minnesota is an option for him at this point.
The fact that he left minnesota without comitting like the other one fleck bullies into comitting makes me think he wont be going there... hopefully he stays true and comes home.

Thanks!

My thoughts are that this bodes well for us. Lovie has slow played this. He is saying take your time, go through the process. Since most others are pushing commits, a slow process suggests we are in his ear.

Also, he may buy into the system and hear from naysayers. He may want to see how the season progresses, which would also be good. He may not commit to us. But, I take it as a good sign.

I don’t have any insight on Joe Moore, this is purely my opinion but for a team like us to have been playing catch up to another Big Ten program (A 2018 bowl team) in this young man’s recruitment process to now have him rethinking his commitment seems like a win.

Deleted member 29907

D
It could go either way.. but like I said earlier he wants to come to illinois but is waiting because his family wants him to be 1000000 percent sure that we are what he wants.
It kinds goes with the whole "him being sure this is what he wants "..
But then again you never know with these kids...
In my opinion I dont even thing minnesota is an option for him at this point.
The fact that he left minnesota without comitting like the other one fleck bullies into comitting makes me think he wont be going there... hopefully he stays true and comes home.
Sound logic - how many people buy into a timeshare AFTER they've left the presentation and the grounds...

Deleted member 656517

D
From what I’ve read on this board Moore’s heart lies with us, but his mind’s being infiltrated by other teams at this point

Am I the only one that wants to see him on defense more than the offensive side of the ball? Screams linebacker to me. Kid it built like a truck and carries weight well.

Currently 5’11, 195 for our roster. A bit on the short side even if we throw 35 lbs on him. And at that point there’s no guarantee he still has the speed.

Currently 5’11, 195 for our roster. A bit on the short side even if we throw 35 lbs on him. And at that point there’s no guarantee he still has the speed.

Dont really care about his height. There are a lot of great linebackers that are shorter than 6 foot (I get its not ideal). Why do we need to throw 35 pounds on him? We have 1 linebacker on the roster that is 230 or above. Seems like a frame that can put on 15 pounds and play SAM. We have a good amount of depth at running back.

Dont really care about his height. There are a lot of great linebackers that are shorter than 6 foot (I get its not ideal). Why do we need to throw 35 pounds on him? We have 1 linebacker on the roster that is 230 or above. Seems like a frame that can put on 15 pounds and play SAM. We have a good amount of depth at running back.

Honestly, his RB highlights are pretty great. He has great vision, he doesn't lose speed when he changes direction (his accelleration is fast), he has quite a bit of power and explosiveness. I think he is great at RB. But, I bet that he could be a great safety/lb as well.

Honestly, his RB highlights are pretty great. He has great vision, he doesn't lose speed when he changes direction (his accelleration is fast), he has quite a bit of power and explosiveness. I think he is great at RB. But, I bet that he could be a great safety/lb as well.

He seems like a natural football player. I just don't want to see a guy like him not being utilized. The coaches know just a little bit more about football than I do. So its safe to assume they will play him where they see him fitting best.

Morris Virgil? Good running back...better at safety for the team he was on. Who knows what’ll happen.

We have a good amount of depth at running back.

Maybe, we’re not exactly overloaded there by any means come 2020 which is the timeframe to be viewing this addition from as Brown won’t be eligible until then. As a team, I think we’re better off keeping him where he fits at the running back position.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Maybe, we’re not exactly overloaded there by any means come 2020 which is the timeframe to be viewing this addition from as Brown won’t be eligible until then. As a team, I think we’re better off keeping him where he fits at the running back position.

Epstein, Bonner, Love, Norwood, Sims, Fedanzo, Cumby (more of a combo WR/RB). Not commenting on Brown, just that the Illinois' running back room is probably as solid as it comes on the team.

Epstein, Bonner, Love, Norwood, Sims, Fedanzo, Cumby (more of a combo WR/RB). Not commenting on Brown, just that the Illinois' running back room is probably as solid as it comes on the team.

I also never said he should play at any position. Just a thought when I saw him play. I was more saying I dont want to see talent not being used because he looks very talented.

It;s not so overly talented that you take a good kid and move him across the ball and that's a pretty easy view for me for just 2020. Chase Brown will have what, 3 years of eligibility remaining? He's a long term 2020-2022 play.

He was from out west so was used to it.

No, he was from California. He most certainly wasn't used to Arizona heat which tops out around 118 - 120. This year, 114 is the high......nice, cool summer.

On the other hand, 106 in Arizona is easy. And October through April are glorious.....

Status
Not open for further replies.