Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of low, TGB. I love Twangers' posts. Block or scroll down if you don't.

I think he's made his point well: it's a small class, efforts need to be made where there is a greater need and better impact on the team. I'm not sure if others are actually debating him on this point.
Hey ILL INI, you are right. Getting senile in my old age, and the post was not needed. Apologies to Twangers, and to all on this thread. We all want the same thing in the end, and that is the football team to get back to relevance. I've been to all the bowl games since the 1964 Rose Bowl ( I was 8 years old ), and worried that I won't be around long enough to get to another one. Keep up the good posts to all, and I know we are all Illini fans.

What is the rotation next year if Oladipo is gone? Avery, Woods, Pate...Okpala? McCoy should not be an option. Pate and Woods have alternated between SDE and 3-technique DT throughout their careers although they've mostly remained on the interior.

Carney was actually playing a bit of 3-technique DT against Rutgers which was odd. Perhaps they were trying him out there to see if he could add depth at that position next year? He probably needs to add 10-15 lbs in the off season if that is the plan.

Recruiting quality HS DTs is very difficult so hopefully we can land Riggins and/or Warren. Key would be a nice add as well.

Who is Shipton? Finau looks like he could help next year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnthonyShipton

Any options for blue shirts? Or gray shirts? Seems like this is the class to do it (smaller) with next year having a larger class.

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
Has there been any word on Johari Branch? Is it a “limited available scholarships, so not an immediate take” thing? Ditto for Mason Cook?

Hm. Thought he’d stay east. Inconsequential either way, we’ve been out on the kid for a while.

In good news, we’re down another scholarship. As posted in the gameday thread, Donny Navarro was placed on full scholarship today.
The team was already at 85. If he's on, someone else has to be off. Timing makes me think it's who we all think it is.

The team was already at 85. If he's on, someone else has to be off. Timing makes me think it's who we all think it is.

Probably. Down another interior lineman with no additional scholarship to fill the void. It’s gonna be interesting the rest of the way.

Deleted member 656517

D
Whats up with Jaquaze Sorrells?
https://247sports.com/college/south...iting-Jaquaze-Sorrells-commits-TCU-137833918/

Looking at the dude's twitter account and has Bobby in his background pic, retweeting Bobby's tweets, tweeting at AHS. Looks like he didn't qualify academically. Anything to this for us?
After reading that article he sounds like a headache. Could be trying to force his way in here, but with our lack of scholarships I’d rather just put all our energy into Denver

After reading that article he sounds like a headache. Could be trying to force his way in here, but with our lack of scholarships I’d rather just put all our energy into Denver
Don't think many programs are currently recruiting Denver Warren.

FT35

Naperville
Whats up with Jaquaze Sorrells?
https://247sports.com/college/south...iting-Jaquaze-Sorrells-commits-TCU-137833918/

Looking at the dude's twitter account and has Bobby in his background pic, retweeting Bobby's tweets, tweeting at AHS. Looks like he didn't qualify academically. Anything to this for us?

I don't know what is going on with him now but he was teammates with Bobby at Largo and supposedly convinced Bobby to pick Illinois over Indiana on signing day in February of 2017.

We started pursuing him in March of 2018 after we had some recruiting momentum with the commitment of Marquez Beason but Sorrells never visited us.

I would rather go after JUCO DTs who can contribute next year and add immediate depth. A project like Key is fine if we have the room.

Deleted member 654622

D
I don't know what is going on with him now but he was teammates with Bobby at Largo and supposedly convinced Bobby to pick Illinois over Indiana on signing day in February of 2017.

We started pursuing him in March of 2018 after we had some recruiting momentum with the commitment of Marquez Beason but Sorrells never visited us.

I would rather go after JUCO DTs who can contribute next year and add immediate depth. A project like Key is fine if we have the room.
That is right. For some reason I was thinking it was Gay he convinced to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.