Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he got his academics in order and qualified to get into Illinois so I am not really sure what happened. Think his play on the field has dropped.

Apparently he was injured for a good part of the season. Buddy went to see him play and didn’t realize he was out. Still heard we’ll take him though. If that’s changed, my feelings won’t be crushed. He’s a talented kid but with a lot of potential for headache.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Good to confirm that Illinois would be recruiting him to play WR and not CB. I think that was mentioned previously in here by a few of the legitimate sources we finally have on this board.

Deleted member 654622

D

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I couldn’t believe all the Michigan st transfers. Something def seems
off there. This one is within reach. Good guys win 20-17.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Transfers? Transfers!

giphy.gif

Probably. Down another interior lineman with no additional scholarship to fill the void. It’s gonna be interesting the rest of the way.
I was wondering if it is Roundtree? No idea on the rules for the GoFundMe page, but could they do that for a scholarship athlete or did they need to move him off football scholarship to do that?

I was wondering if it is Roundtree? No idea on the rules for the GoFundMe page, but could they do that for a scholarship athlete or did they need to move him off football scholarship to do that?
I believe roundtrees scholarship does not count against our scholly count because of medical exemption..... I really dont know.. but I'm sure with everything going on in the NCAA today (and how they have a hard on for the illini ) I'm sure someone did their due diligence to make sure nothing could come back and bite them.... lovie and Whitman are pretty smart guys and the last thing they want is to be investigated or suspended from post season eligibility......

I’m assuming they meant Oladipo
I'm sure they did as well, but if you look at the scholarship grid it looks as if Roundtree is still one of the 85. I don't think this is something that anyone would necessarily announce, but my theory is that as part of the GOFundMe efforts they might have had to move him off the the athletic scholarship...so maybe it is Roundtree's scholarship and we are over thinking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.