Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,051      
Well, many in SEC country would probably say, odd that he has offers from schools like Auburn and Ole Miss, but is considering Illinois?

A month ago there was a coaching carousel thread naming Lovie's successor. We know things have changed, the surrounding states know things have changed.......most college football fans from around the country....not so much.

Arkansas St. not being a P5 school is different than Illinois being down.

#1,052      
That doesn’t have anything to do with being NFL Draft ready (And he likely couldn’t improve himself in that area with another year here anyway). I can throw a rock and hit a hundred kids who went between rounds 1-4 who couldn’t run the full tree at the time they were drafted. Jeremy Maclin was a first round pick out of Missouri who could only run 1 route. If you have talent and test well, you’ll get picked and Bhebe has talent. If he gets a decent analysis, I wouldn’t blame him if he jumped.
Yeah but wherever he is now would be low where he could be if he had another big year at Illinois. Testing and those numbers are great, but on the field production at a major school still matters.

#1,054      
Yeah but wherever he is now would be low where he could be if he had another big year at Illinois. Testing and those numbers are great, but on the field production at a major school still matters.

Some times it does, some times it doesn't. It all depends on the evaluator of the team who picks you.

#1,064      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
How long will 7-5 cut it

I'd call it really bad luck that they are going to (likely) play three different teams that were #1 ranked when they played A&M. Their schedule is looking much much better next year.

#1,065      

Deleted member 654622

D
Whats up with that Manny kid from LSU? Any news on him?

#1,070      

Dren1

Glenview, IL
The staff is out in full force this week. Trying use this momentum to flip a lot of talent.
Might this be one of the guys that they are trying to flip? I would love to have him for his name alone.

https://247sports.com/Player/JaQuari-Wiggles-46048033/

See the source image

#1,073      

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
A new CB for Lavar Gardner as well.

Don't know much about either player other than they're fast.
Miles Smith listed as lead recruiter on 247, but definitely not a linebacker based on his measurements. Wonder where they want him to play.

#1,074      
Miles Smith listed as lead recruiter on 247, but definitely not a linebacker based on his measurements. Wonder where they want him to play.

He actually is a LB. From the limited tape I've seen (Heavily emphasis on "limited"), they seem to play him in the old "Elephant" type role that Pete Carroll used a lot at USC, where he plays from a 2 point stance but is only responsible for DE type reads. I've heard a Mark Barron comparison as well, kind of the under front "A" gap backer who drops.

This, again, is based off of very limited tape and knowledge. VERY LIMITED. I could be dead wrong here on everything other than the fact that he is a LB.

#1,075      
He actually is a LB. From the limited tape I've seen (Heavily emphasis on "limited"), they seem to play him in the old "Elephant" type role that Pete Carroll used a lot at USC, where he plays from a 2 point stance but is only responsible for DE type reads. I've heard a Mark Barron comparison as well, kind of the under front "A" gap backer who drops.

This, again, is based off of very limited tape and knowledge. VERY LIMITED. I could be dead wrong here on everything other than the fact that he is a LB.
Think Lovie would like him in at the nickel spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.