Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,308      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
If what I’m hearing is correct, three of our verbal commits will be making things official within the next two weeks.
You mean 3 silent verbals will be making things public? Or three of our verbal commits will be signing on signing day 12/18?

#1,316      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
It's not going to happen but it's fun to dream of a scenario where Illinois gets signatures from Spann, Rolando Johnson, Doyle, St. John, and Billingsley.

#1,318      
It's not going to happen but it's fun to dream of a scenario where Illinois gets signatures from Spann, Rolando Johnson, Doyle, St. John, and Billingsley.

I would guess that we get Spann and possibly Doyle. I don' t know Rolando Johnson I don't think St. John or Billingsley is in play. I don't think the staff is interested any more. But there are a few other names to watch for. I also wonder if the staff will go back after Day Day.

#1,319      
I would guess that we get Spann and possibly Doyle. I don' t know Rolando Johnson I don't think St. John or Billingsley is in play. I don't think the staff is interested any more. But there are a few other names to watch for. I also wonder if the staff will go back after Day Day.

The name is Lorando (He probably got the autocorrect) Johnson, DFW kid. And he isn't signing here.

Where you gonna play Day Day? Good lord, we've already got about 4 tweeners. We need to pass.

#1,321      

Deleted member 654622

D
We won’t be getting signatures from St. John or Billingsley.
Ya I believe Werner said something along the lines of Lovie and the staff were led to believe St. John was coming to IL. And Lovie doesn't really play around with situations like that.

EDIT: To be clear, led to believe before he committed to Miznoz

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,322      
Ya I believe Werner said something along the lines of Lovie and the staff were led to believe St. John was coming to IL. And Lovie doesn't really play around with situations like that.

Don't know the situation but I was told (And I corroborated that with a well respected poster here) that we aren't interested in any of the Mizzou kids, St. John and Billingsley in particular. Working on flipping other names.

#1,323      

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
I am not an insider by any stretch of the imagination. But it seems like the Illini are in a good position with Spann, RIggins, and Wesley Bailey. I love that the staff is in position for high upside athletic prospects like these young men. Bailey in particular seems like the kind of high motor, high academic achiever the fans and staff would love. I don't want to assume anything, but they would fit in well with this class.

Obviously Doyle would be a major get at this (or any) stage. Even if Illinois doesn't land any of the other big fish like Netherly, Bermudez, etc., I think this staff has a great sell for transfers and can lay a solid foundation for 2021.

#1,324      
I think grades may potentially be an issue with both Billingsley and JSJ.

Ayala kid seems like a plan b? I assume kids they bring in on the second dec weekend are plan b/c unless that was only they could get them in?

#1,325      
I am not an insider by any stretch of the imagination. But it seems like the Illini are in a good position with Spann, RIggins, and Wesley Bailey. I love that the staff is in position for high upside athletic prospects like these young men. Bailey in particular seems like the kind of high motor, high academic achiever the fans and staff would love. I don't want to assume anything, but they would fit in well with this class.

Obviously Doyle would be a major get at this (or any) stage. Even if Illinois doesn't land any of the other big fish like Netherly, Bermudez, etc., I think this staff has a great sell for transfers and can lay a solid foundation for 2021.

Bold: The transfer name I heard yesterday evening would be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.