Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,351      

Deleted member 654622

D
My question is, how many transfers do we have? I know some of these players want to play and won't have a chance here.
Off the top of my head the only players that might be fighting for decent playing time would be Milo Eifler and Derrick Smith. I could see them competing against each other. But I could also see them and Hansen being the starting 3 LBs
Peters is going to start at QB
Ford is going to start at TE
Sydney is going to start at the slot WR (recovery dependent)
Bebe is going to start at the 2 WR
Any D lineman with any talent is going to get plenty of run for the next two years.
Am I missing anyone?

#1,352      
Off the top of my head the only players that might be fighting for decent playing time would be Milo Eifler and Derrick Smith. I could see them competing against each other. But I could also see them and Hansen being the starting 3 LBs
Peters is going to start at QB
Ford is going to start at TE
Sydney is going to start at the slot WR (recovery dependent)
Bebe is going to start at the 2 WR
Any D lineman with any talent is going to get plenty of run for the next two years.
Am I missing anyone?

Wole. Could include Donny too I guess, be interesting to see what his role is next season.

#1,354      

Deleted member 654622

D
Wole. Could include Donny too I guess, be interesting to see what his role is next season.
Forgot about Wole, assuming he will start. Not shocked I didn't think about Donny. Although I love the kid

#1,358      

Deleted member 654622

D
I think he meant was how many will we have that transfer out, thus adding rides. Not how will our transfers see the field.
Oh, well not to be a jerk but I think if a player is going to transfer out at this point, they probably are not as talented as the players we are bringing in. And that is the level of kids we need

#1,361      
I will say they want all the grad transfers they can get.

I’d say that’s fair, fits to the specific profile portion and there’s nothing particularly “fun” about the way the NCAA has run the waiver process. I’d be a little eye brow raised to see us take kids with only 1 year of eligibility however. Thoughts?

#1,366      
I’d say that’s fair, fits to the specific profile portion and there’s nothing particularly “fun” about the way the NCAA has run the waiver process. I’d be a little eye brow raised to see us take kids with only 1 year of eligibility however. Thoughts?

I think it makes a lot of sense for Lovie to maximize next season by getting grad transfers in, and use the success to build a huge 2021 and 2022 class, to transition us to the second phase of the rebuild.

#1,368      
I think it makes a lot of sense for Lovie to maximize next season by getting grad transfers in, and use the success to build a huge 2021 and 2022 class, to transition us to the second phase of the rebuild.

Which is why it’s advantageous to focus almost solely on kids with more than one year of eligibility.

#1,369      
Yeah, I'll take talent over coaching. The Zook years were more fun then the Tepper years. But in the end we need both. To get the players you either need to be at the top, or you need to be able to convey a vision that you are a team that is going to the top. Eventually, w/o coaching, you plateau below the top, and then you start to lose the players.

#1,371      

Deleted member 746648

D
I would rather start adding as much hs talent as possible this season so that they can redshirt while we have all of these seniors. Hopefully they could be ready to go by 2021 & 2022.

#1,372      
I agree with the 1 year part. I just know they want to be an ‘older’ team.

#1,374      
I agree with the 1 year part. I just know they want to be an ‘older’ team.
Depends. What if you can get a safety that is a difference maker for one year? Next year could be special with what we have coming back. Grab a stud safety, stud WR, and stud DT for one year, have a great year, and load up in the next class. Save four or five spots for immediate help. Last years class was pretty good, this years will have some solid offensive talent from the HS level. Defense could use immediate help due to graduations and we need a safety.

#1,375      

Deleted member 654622

D
Depends. What if you can get a safety that is a difference maker for one year? Next year could be special with what we have coming back. Grab a stud safety, stud WR, and stud DT for one year, have a great year, and load up in the next class. Save four or five spots for immediate help. Last years class was pretty good, this years will have some solid offensive talent from the HS level. Defense could use immediate help due to graduations and we need a safety.
Agreed we need a safety and DT. Not sure why you think we need a WR though

Status
Not open for further replies.