Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,576      
Did Dixon decommit? I saw a tweet that said something about "since you gave up on me, I will make you pay. Is something going on or am I reading too much into the tweet?

His twitter does say that. However, he still has the illini stuff out there, not taken that down. So, perhaps it is unrelated.

Added l8r: I think it is aimed at Georgia. Not Illinois.

Last edited:
#1,582      

FT35

Naperville
If that's the case, Levelston's going elsewhere. Disappointing. But we're used to it, lol.

I don't think this is an either or situation. Levelston is an SDE and Shipton is an interior lineman. I think we could take both. I think it was going to be either Finau or Shipton and Finau appears to be leaning towards Maryland.

Even if Levelston is moved inside we still need immediate depth there given how much we rotate at DT. Pate, Woods and Avery are probably going to be on the two deep next year. Beyond that maybe Okpala could help but he is an unknown. Any HS recruits should not be options next year.

Interestingly enough, Levelston played at Desoto HS which is the same High School that Samari Collier goes to. I also believe Levelston is a 3 year JUCO guy since he was in the Class of 2019 as a HS recruit.

#1,593      
Oof! I don't blame Sunkett for touting his guys, but putting it on us is pretty harsh. Especially with the very limited number of rides we have left.
Everyone keeps saying that we need lb's. Looked very good on tape at lb. I have no idea as to what type of size he has.

#1,594      
Everyone keeps saying that we need lb's. Looked very good on tape at lb. I have no idea as to what type of size he has.
I think we are pretty good on LB, especially if we can nab a Doyle. Barnes, Cooper, last year plus we have a lot of guys with 2 years of eligibility left in Tolson, Smith (maimi transfer), Gardiner (juco S/LB), Ware (S/Lb). Not to mention 2 returning seniors. We should be pretty picky on a LB recruit. Doyle would be awesome. Probably need 2 next year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.