Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,702      
Considering how things were trending a few months ago, we should just be happy the whole thing didn't implode

Recruiting wise, we're still moving in an overwhelmingly positive direction now and into 2021 (Even though Collier isn't all that attractive). Just would have been nice to reel in this one fish.

#1,703      

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Are any of these guys we still seem to be good on true game changers like Doyle or Johnson would have been? I feel like we still really need one or two of those guys to make this class a true success.

#1,704      
Are any of these guys we still seem to be good on true game changers like Doyle or Johnson would have been? I feel like we still really need one or two of those guys to make this class a true success.

Difficult question to answer as some of the kids we have and could still add carry bright futures but need work. How I would phrase it? There's no kid that I think could walk in here and start while playing at a high level for us tomorrow. That's purely my opinion.

That said, I don't believe we need to meet that threshold to consider this class a success. If we sign the 3 specific kids that I am hearing we have but aren't officially committed, I'm still going to be happy.

#1,708      

Deleted member 654622

D
Wiggles will be signing on the 18th. Hope this is good for us:

If he commits to us, official Wiggles gif
tenor.gif

#1,711      

LJ22

Chicago, IL
I just want to say an advanced kudos to Wiggles for knowing that we are the University of Illinois and not Illinois University.

#1,712      

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Man you gots to have the armadillo skin in this game!

#1,713      
This is what is so hard about recruiting. You get so excited about possibilities of 'so and so' jumping on board, but other people involved or something changes last minute. Seems to happen a lot. As Twangers said, you can't get too emotionally attached.

#1,714      

Deleted member 645583

D
I suppose it's a matter of privacy (maybe secrecy on Illini part not to let Cal know what's going on), but as a previous poster asked: "How's Peters doing? (or something like that).

I don't need to know Peters' vitals, but how's the concussion thing going? Hope he's OK for football - and for life.

Thinking of Mr. Roundtree, this season. Merry Happy Bobby! Get well!

Last edited by a moderator:
#1,718      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Bummer about Doyle. Hate having my hopes dashed. Gotta look at the bright side, right? If he would have played for us, he'd probably wreck his knee, posthaste.

Psyched about Wiggles and, hopefully, more DLs.

The best of times, the worst of times, lol.

#1,721      
I’ve occasionally wondered if there are people with accounts pretending to be from competing schools and being obnoxious to recruits on the twitters

Status
Not open for further replies.