Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,751      
QB Deuce Spann now with offers from Auburn and Utah in the last 24 hours. FSU probably will offer as well. Doubtful he ends up here

#1,752      
QB Deuce Spann now with offers from Auburn and Utah in the last 24 hours. FSU probably will offer as well. Doubtful he ends up here

This happens every cycle. Larger offers for QBs always come in near ESP date. I wouldn’t say doubtful for us though. The kid and Rod have developed a strong relationship as I’m told. Don’t count us out.

#1,757      
Watched a little of the film and good size and strength. Was committed to Miz. But because of the change of coaches, he flipped. He isn't coming in at 210 pounds. Good pick up. Wonder if some of the other D lineman maybe aren't coming here.

#1,759      
Seems like a very solid pickup based on his size and his offer list. Definitely someone sought after by programs better than we are, and that's all we can ask for IMO.

#1,761      

FT35

Naperville
I have no tape on the kid. So, I’ve got nothing.

He looks like Okpala from his HUDL highlights. I think he'll start off at SDE and could possibly be moved to DT.

#1,762      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Watched a little of the film and good size and strength. Was committed to Miz. But because of the change of coaches, he flipped. He isn't coming in at 210 pounds. Good pick up. Wonder if some of the other D lineman maybe aren't coming here.

Bailey might be a rower. Anywho, love Cooper's frame and that he's not a string bean. Flipping Miznoz commits is sweet, sweet nectar!

#1,763      
He looks like Okpala from his HUDL highlights. I think he'll start off at SDE and could possibly be moved to DT.

I need to see the tape but if that’s the profile as you see it, that’s a decent get for us.

1 of the DL we have been in on almost certainly won’t sign. Not going to say who, the situation is fluid but it’s probably not happening. And it’s not Wiggles.

#1,764      
Cooper has great size and his HUDL highlights look pretty solid. Needs to work on pad level (what high school lineman doesn't, let alone one who is 6'5''), but his get off is actually pretty quick in a lot of these plays. Technique looks okay to good. Athleticism looks positive (especially that TD catch playing TE), but nowhere near the type of explosive prospect that Coleman and Bailey are at DE. I like this pickup a lot as he is a good prospect and a flip from Mizzou.

Fair expectation: a year in the weightroom before becoming a rotation player, and then a solid B1G starter in his last two years of eligibility. He could play spot minutes in the rotation his freshman year given his size, but I don't see any way they will play him beyond the 4 game limit.

#1,765      
I need to see the tape but if that’s the profile as you see it, that’s a decent get for us.

1 of the DL we have been in on almost certainly won’t sign. Not going to say who, the situation is fluid but it’s probably not happening. And it’s not Wiggles.

Would wager it's Newton. He and Bailey seem like the less likely targets now, but more possibility with Bailey. Thanks as always for your insights/scoops.

#1,766      

Deleted member 654622

D
#1,769      
#1,770      
@frycicle LOL, that must be why we’re skunked in Texas, too risky.

I need to double check it’s the same kid but if it is, people need to sit up and pay attention. This is not a filler add, he can flat play.

#1,775      
Miami, Lousville and Iowa State offers

He has a few others good offers too if I’m remembering correctly but I thought for sure Miami had this kid. I hope I’m thinking of the right kid, I’ll look into it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.