Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,805      
Or JaQuari for Wesley Bailey. New 247 CB (2nd) for JaQuari to us this morning from Steve Wiltfong. Same guy who swapped Bailey from us to boat-rowers.

I’m sorta okay with this. Cooper Davis and wiggles and then maybe a outside shot at newton/ayala seems like nice pieces along the DL.

#1,806      

Deleted member 656517

D
Or JaQuari for Wesley Bailey. New 247 CB (2nd) for JaQuari to us this morning from Steve Wiltfong. Same guy who swapped Bailey from us to boat-rowers.
If we're out on Bailey lets push strong for Ayala. He could be our next Michael Buchanon

#1,807      
I haven't looked at tape on Ayala, and I would trust Twangers or 0440's opinion. What's the dropoff from Bailey to Ayala? Ayala still has an impressive offer list.

#1,808      
Savion Williams/jay wilkerson are names that I still am very interested in. Haven’t heard much buzz but still then we need more outside receiver help.

#1,809      
Savion Williams/jay wilkerson are names that I still am very interested in. Haven’t heard much buzz but still then we need more outside receiver help.

Wilkerson has been one of my favorites from early in this class with Von Hill, etc. Seems quiet for a while on that front but you never know with this staff.

#1,811      
I agree, but my opinion is mostly SEC + Jimbo getting guys to the NFL, it's hard to beat them. Lovie hasn't really sent guys to the NFL yet, even though he coached at that level.
There are a number of players Lovie has sent to the NFL considering that his teams have not won more than 6 games. The numbers are low, but they will increase. I can see numerous NFL draft picks on the present roster. Green and possibly the starting OL will likely be drafted along with Harding, Bebe, Barker and others.

#1,812      

Deleted member 654622

D
There are a number of players Lovie has sent to the NFL considering that his teams have not won more than 6 games. The numbers are low, but they will increase. I can see numerous NFL draft picks on the present roster. Green and possibly the starting OL will likely be drafted along with Harding, Bebe, Barker and others.
You wanna help me out with number of players Lovie has sent to the NFL please. I can think of Chase, which is more on Bob Ligs and Allegretti which was more of a Butkus thing.
I also don't think Dele is getting drafted. And Barker has a ways to go as well.

#1,813      

During Lovie's Tenure, a total of 5 players have been drafted. I would argue he is responsible for 1, Nick Allegretti. Jimbo Fisher had 7 LAST YEAR ALONE. He had 11 in 2013. Lovie is not even close yet.

Last edited:
#1,815      
With around 5 scholarships left who would y’all like to see them pick up. Leave Doyle and Johnson out because obviously everyone would like those.
Mine would be: newton, bermudez, riggings, spann and jay Wilkerson

#1,816      

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Wiggles & Newton in, Riggins & Bailey out?

No idea if we're still the one for Spann.

#1,817      

Deleted member 654622

D
With around 5 scholarships left who would y’all like to see them pick up. Leave Doyle and Johnson out because obviously everyone would like those.
Mine would be: newton, bermudez, riggings, spann and jay Wilkerson
Well if I have to leave Doyle and Johnson out, then
Mookie Cooper, Michael Thompson, Duece Spann, JaQuari Wiggles, and Johhny Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.