Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,826      
During Lovie's Tenure, a total of 5 players have been drafted. I would argue he is responsible for 1, Nick Allegretti. Jimbo Fisher had 7 LAST YEAR ALONE. He had 11 in 2013. Lovie is not even close yet.
Stupid question because Ron Zook got fired soooooo mute

#1,827      
During Lovie's Tenure, a total of 5 players have been drafted. I would argue he is responsible for 1, Nick Allegretti. Jimbo Fisher had 7 LAST YEAR ALONE. He had 11 in 2013. Lovie is not even close yet.

anyone drafted during Lovies tenure would count for Lovie. No one is questioning if someone was fully available during Lovies tenure. Just who is drafted and who is in the nfl

#1,828      
anyone drafted during Lovies tenure would count for Lovie. No one is questioning if someone was fully available during Lovies tenure. Just who is drafted and who is in the nfl
I don't think you should count the three players drafted less than two months after Lovie was hired.

#1,844      
With the Collier commit, does the Illini take a pass on a QB in this class? If none of the current QB's transfer, the Illini would still have 4 QB's.

#1,846      
A question maybe for Twangers or others with more knowledge... if Illinois misses out on Doyle are there backup options for LB recruits? Sounds like the only other option right now would rather run track in college.

#1,847      
A question maybe for Twangers or others with more knowledge... if Illinois misses out on Doyle are there backup options for LB recruits? Sounds like the only other option right now would rather run track in college.

I really don’t think LB is a huge need right now. We have Gardner and Smith already committed and took Shammond and Barnes in the last class. Not to mention degroot, tolson, ware.

#1,849      
I really don’t think LB is a huge need right now. We have Gardner and Smith already committed and took Shammond and Barnes in the last class. Not to mention degroot, tolson, ware.

I agree. At this point we need to upgrade positions. Taking someone that is a projectdiesnt make as much sense at lb. also, there is a juco and transfer market for linebackers. I’d rather see more linemen in the fold. The transfer market is insufficient and it’s hard to tell who will pan out

#1,850      
I'd like to see more in the secondary. Seems like the easiest place to lose guys to injury (seems like at least...can't back that or explain it). And most likely source of those temporary time-outs for targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.