Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,851      
The Ric Flair pic is awesome. Especially seeing Bobby Henan. He use to come to the Hammond Civic Centers in Hammond, In. as a wrestling manager. I wonder if Nutt use to go to the matches. Dick the Bruiser and the Crusher use to beat him up all the time. He was the best at flying into the turnbuckles. He was a hated villain back then. That was back in the middle 60's.

#1,852      

Deleted member 4960

D
I would like to see quality receivers, every year we seem to lose a couple of good ones

#1,853      
I would like to see quality receivers, every year we seem to lose a couple of good ones

Totally agree. We have 3 seniors next year and then after that we are thin. Not a lot of outside guys other than Washington, Cambelll, Thompson. That’s why I’m shocked we’re not in on Jay Wilkerson, Savion Williams or Nasean Dickerson.

#1,862      
So what’s gonna happen with mondesir or knight? I could see them transferring but I could also see them getting some snaps on special teams. Knight has like 10 career starts.

#1,863      
Y'all are talking about Quan Martin not Nate Hobbs

Fine with Martin moving to S. He has position versatilty and I think he'll be good at CB as well but offers a lot of potential at S as well. Hobbs no. You don't move arguably the best CB in the B1G and one of the best in the nation to S unless you want to do something crazy like Witherspoon, Beason, Hobbs, Brown (Assuming no Johnson and no impact S transfer).

#1,865      
Fine with Martin moving to S. He has position versatilty and I think he'll be good at CB as well but offers a lot of potential at S as well. Hobbs no. You don't move arguably the best CB in the B1G and one of the best in the nation to S unless you want to do something crazy like Witherspoon, Beason, Hobbs, Brown (Assuming no Johnson and no impact S transfer).
Martin moved there late in the year. really struggled outside last year and didnt see the field much at CB late in the season.

#1,870      

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
How did he handle safety?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.