Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still take a flyer on Warren. At least get him into a JUCO for later. Just make it clear to him that this is what is expected and if you do not follow it, we have shown we will show you the door. Besides the fact he has talent, he is from Illinois and we need all the good will we can in the home state. Sadly.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
So really just McCoy we are waiting on since it seems Jadon is going to wait until spring? Unless there is a surprise coming (Newton, Bailey, another?).

I’ve heard that Powell and Warren could be going to juco route and St. John spurred Illinois. They wouldn’t take him and that’s fine.

Story on St. John is the one I received as well.

I liked Billingsley and St. John has a future but neither Powell nor Warren do much for me.

FT35

Naperville
So really just McCoy we are waiting on since it seems Jadon is going to wait until spring? Unless there is a surprise coming (Newton, Bailey, another?).

Correct.

Newton is signing in a few minutes, fwiw.

Maryland just flipped Rakim Jarrett from LSU so they probably won't even notice if he flips to us.

Story on St. John is the one I received as well.

I liked Billingsley and St. John has a future but neither Powell nor Warren do much for me.
I’m the same way. If St. John left things on better terms then Illinois might have looked at him but he didn’t. And yeah Powell isn’t a D1 receiver for me. There is a reason Nebraska, Purdue and Illinois all pulled their offers. And warren I think could be an interesting juco piece if he can prove it for one year.

I’m the same way. If St. John left things on better terms then Illinois might have looked at him but he didn’t. And yeah Powell isn’t a D1 receiver for me. There is a reason Nebraska, Purdue and Illinois all pulled their offers. And warren I think could be an interesting juco piece if he can prove it for one year.
Powell is really slow for a WR

Wait until he’s re-ranked! He will probally be a top 500 recruit. Awesome get.

Doubt he gets re-ranked.

Jeremy is being a little outlandish in his praise but this kid has real talent and it’s a fine get regardless. We

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
MORE PLEASE!

giphy.gif

What happened to going 6-6 and getting an in flux of top flight kids? Overall, I think they did well grabbing skill players, and I'm actually not overly concerned about the O or D line, but the rest of the defense leaves me worried. What kind of safety depth do we have? CB seems ok for now and LB as well to an extent, but I still feel like we are lacking talent there, or at the very least it's unproven.

I get I shouldn't be worried about stars and rankings, but 70ish and 14th in the B1G can't be a good thing.

Correct.

Newton is signing in a few minutes, fwiw.

Maryland just flipped Rakim Jarrett from LSU so they probably won't even notice if he flips to us.

Jarrett flip stunned many in the industry. Maryland could lose 10 Newton’s and still be the big winner of ESP. That kid’s talent is off the charts.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
What happened to going 6-6 and getting an in flux of top flight kids? Overall, I think they did well grabbing skill players, and I'm actually not overly concerned about the O or D line, but the rest of the defense leaves me worried. What kind of safety depth do we have? CB seems ok for now and LB as well to an extent, but I still feel like we are lacking talent there, or at the very least it's unproven.

I get I shouldn't be worried about stars and rankings, but 70ish and 14th in the B1G can't be a good thing.
We have a small class. Smallest in the B1G and by far smaller than most schools, period. Also, I expect like last year we'll be saving a fair number of slots for transfers, where we did VERY well last year (Peters, Betiku, Imatorbhebe, Sidney, Ford, Petitbon, etc). Class isn't done yet and average ranking is still solid. In that respect we'll be closer to 10th in the B1G than 14th and I'm sure will be higher once we lump in the transfers.

Im hearing rumblings of Bailey now? Man this situation couldn’t be anymore confusing lol. On film I don’t see much difference from Newton and billingsley, who is a top 500 recruit.

You sure he’s in the top 500? That’s not where I have him.

Baileys ride is almost at its conclusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.