Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Tyngsborough, MA
If Rod Smith leaves for greener pastures in the next few years, then bringing Derek in as OC seems like a smart move. IMHO.

I'm guessing the current staff would welcome him with open arms and help him get up to speed.

Well your sorta proving our point. Derek would bring in his kids as well as more Illinois kids. And there isn't a big difference between a HS HC and a wr coach. What im saying is that talent determines everything. Derek is getting Head coaching college offers without ever coaching on the college.
When was the last time Rochester produced a Power Five football player? Wes Lunt? It doesn't seem to me that Leonard has kids to bring that would move the needle.

When was the last time Rochester produced a Power Five football player? Wes Lunt? It doesn't seem to me that Leonard has kids to bring that would move the needle.
Its not about the specific HS, it is about his reputation within the state and all the ties he has. He does more clinics and speeches than any other HS coach. And i've given a list on here of just the players within his conference in the last couple of years. And Rochester has a P5 WR right now and a O-Lineman with offers. This is from deep-dishillinois- "Leonard has a 145-30 record over his 14 years as head football coach. His team has won seven Class 4A state championships in the past nine years. Over the past 10 years, he has a 43-3 playoff record and averages 46.1 points per game and 503 yards per game." He's known around the state and if colleges are approaching him to apply for positions than i think Illinois should make a run is all im saying, OC or not.

Another 2022 kid that "supposedly" will be in attendance in Rochester 2022 WR/QB/ATH- hank beaty. Seen the kids and i like him as a WR but has gotten offers from ILL st, Western, SIU and central Michigan all within the last couple weeks.

Chicagoland
Another 2022 kid that "supposedly" will be in attendance in Rochester 2022 WR/QB/ATH- hank beaty. Seen the kids and i like him as a WR but has gotten offers from ILL st, Western, SIU and central Michigan all within the last couple weeks.
Sign me up for this young man sight unseen. He can complete a pass to himself and then run quickly and athletically for a TD on every snap. And bring Leonard with him!

Any in particular your like more and think could actually commit?
I think we are in a good spot with keith cooper, barlev, kreutz, willie shaw, dedrick smith and tyler mclaurin- i expect to land all of these players. We have serious interest from tar'varish dawson, justin johnson, soloman buccanon, brandon calloway and jack tucker. A couple guys the staff will make a run at are lawson albright, taequan johnson, david davidkov, pat coogan, lovett, lewis, cannon, sam jackson, markiese irving, jaedon wilson and shemar turner.

Cary, IL
I think we are in a good spot with keith cooper, barlev, kreutz, willie shaw, dedrick smith and tyler mclaurin- i expect to land all of these players. We have serious interest from tar'varish dawson, justin johnson, soloman buccanon, brandon calloway and jack tucker. A couple guys the staff will make a run at are lawson albright, taequan johnson, david davidkov, pat coogan, lovett, lewis, cannon, sam jackson, markiese irving, jaedon wilson and shemar turner.
I really appreciate the insight. Thank you.

Sneaky, if I remember correctly, during the state championship game the announcers said Beatty was the #3 ranked WR in his class in the nation. Do I remember that correctly?

Sneaky, if I remember correctly, during the state championship game the announcers said Beatty was the #3 ranked WR in his class in the nation. Do I remember that correctly?
I think i heard something about that but i don't see any evidence of that. He only holds offers from SIU, ILL State, Central Michigan and Western so far. Maybe they meant in yards cause he had like 2,000 and 25 TD's as a sophomore.

Floyd young, who played for Lovie in Tampa, has a nephew in juco That is basically shutting out non Illinois recruitment. He is still listening, but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t sign

I also like our chances with Dawson.

Floyd young, who played for Lovie in Tampa, has a nephew in juco That is basically shutting out non Illinois recruitment. He is still listening, but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t sign

I also like our chances with Dawson.
What is his name? And appreciate yours and some others updates!

Any confirmation that there are football visitors today? Or did visits get pushed back?