Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond, VA
Guys we finally got out Miami WR transfer!

Reactions: the national, Krombopulos_Michael, SouthFLILLINI and 1 other person
Naperville
Nice pick up for us. I'm guessing he'll be sitting out a year which is fine since we'll need WRs to replace Sidney, Josh I. and Smalling after they leave.

Reactions: KevinC, Chukwuwumba, oNthErILL and 2 others
Richmond, VA
Nice pick up for us. I'm guessing he'll be sitting out a year which is fine since we'll need WRs to replace Sidney, Josh I. and Smalling after they leave.

Unless the NCAA makes some changes, you're right

Reactions: KevinC and SouthFLILLINI
Really nice pick-up. Good to hear some positive news coming for Illini football.

Reactions: UCantHideYer, KevinC, othawhitemeat and 4 others

Guy doesn't miss a catch - noice.

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI, chiefini, spillini and 2 others
Really nice. Great size and quickness. Originally ranked #154 overall in the 2018 class according to 247.

Reactions: PtownIllini8, KevinC, SouthFLILLINI and 4 others
It may not be pretty, but by supplementing the smaller class size with 4 star transfers trapped down the depth chart I am fine with that. If we can somehow find the Corbins, Kramers, Milan, and Hansen’s every class then fill out position of needs with transfers from big schools like this then that is OK. You’re never going to compete for a BIG Championship like that, but if Lovie is able to real in 5-6 of these guys to takeover for all the seniors leaving next season then we should be able to make a bowl year in and year out (albeit not a good one).

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI and thunderwear
Welcome Mr. Hightower. I look forward to seeing your first B1G touchdown!

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI
Wow, I just read about the offers he had coming out of high school. He chose Miami over Alabama, Clemson and USC.

Reactions: KevinC
'burbs
Impressed with the outreach from the Miami fans on the twitters. I wish all fanbases were as supportive of outgoing transfers...yes, ours included.

Reactions: philcon, Clemillini21, SouthFLILLINI and 2 others
Impressed with the outreach from the Miami fans on the twitters. I wish all fanbases were as supportive of outgoing transfers...yes, ours included.

If we were consistently getting ten 4* recruits a season I wouldn't mind seeing one go every once in awhile. People need to understand that these kids are just doing what they think is best for them though.

Reactions: KevinC
I heard a lineman from Brimfield signed last night, can that be confirmed?

He's going to be a PWO. He hasn't played football in a couple of years.

Coached against this kid in basketball the past two seasons. He owned us the first time and then we got him in foul trouble the second time ;)

Really athletic for his size, and great footwork. Surprised he didn't play football the past two seasons but then again their team only won maybe 2 or 3 games this past season so I can see why he wouldn't want to risk an injury.

Reactions: JimILL75, Illinivek23, pvaughn8 and 2 others
Coached against this kid in basketball the past two seasons. He owned us the first time and then we got him in foul trouble the second time ;)

Really athletic for his size, and great footwork. Surprised he didn't play football the past two seasons but then again their team only won maybe 2 or 3 games this past season so I can see why he wouldn't want to risk an injury.
This is where we need to start getting lineman by walking and build our linemen like Wisconsin does this could be a good pickup for us!

Reactions: SouthFLILLINI, JimILL75, cuillini and 1 other person
Top Priority and highest ranked target we could have reasonably gotten, Travion Ford, heading to Mizzou.

Carbondale, IL
Top Priority and highest ranked target we could have reasonably gotten, Travion Ford, heading to Mizzou.
But we got a PWO commit from a DII school today, don't be a naysayer!

Reactions: Illiniinhouston, Illini_matt, TheFlyingIllini1317 and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.