Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

South Carolina
Feels like a pretty low ceiling for this class unless some kids are going to come out of the woodwork.

from parts unknown
#140 OT out of HS, Assumed he wasn’t going to get playing time at MSST. More of a lateral move to me, but we’re gonna need all the help we can get on the 2021 OL.
Well, apparently a lot schools liked and wanted him when he decided to transfer. Missouri,GT,FSU,Houston and Oregon among others reached out to him.

Last edited:
or it could be a hungry staff vs. a pretty lazy staff.
I wouldn’t classify our staff as lazy. I’d classify them as out of touch with college kids. The organization is run professional, not like a college football program. High school kids are looking for dreams to be sold. It’s why we are not doing well with transfers. Once They’ve been introduced to the college game, they learn a More professional workman like demeanor

I wouldn’t classify our staff as lazy. I’d classify them as out of touch with college kids. The organization is run professional, not like a college football program. High school kids are looking for dreams to be sold. It’s why we are not doing well with transfers. Once They’ve been introduced to the college game, they learn a More professional workman like demeanor
CP, McClain, Bellamy, AHS, Hudson aren’t lazy on the Trail. Lovie very lazy and doesn’t understand recruiting.

Wow - given our results I would never have expected this. I would have guessed we were somewhere around IU and PU
We have more top end talent than those teams (based on # of 4*) but we still haven't developed the depth that they have. Now that we have the luxury of redshirting most players it should start paying off in a couple years.

I'm not sure that laziness is the problem when it comes to lovie. He's just been pretty unconventional in the way he's built the roster. If you look at the Team Talent composite we were 8th in the B1G between Wisconsin and Iowa. That's not necessarily a bad place to be.
Both those teams had 10 wins....we kinda lucked into 6 wins. Also we are consistently late on offering kids and are outworked big time on the trail. And most of the time it’s not the assistants fault. I want Lovie to succeed but he has to lose his ego and change his attitude towards recruiting.