1) All bosses suck 90% of time1) I always hated working for bosses that did not work as hard as me. The work culture sucked big time. I can't imagine what it's like being an assistant knowing your #1 isn't hitting the trail with the same conviction.
2) sitting back and catching transfers will only last so long. Eventually someone or multiple someones will adjust. Mean while the prep market become s less and less engaged. DGMW Ford is an incredible pick up for Illini, but come on.
3) so what are we? Is there a comp for Illini? Can we change the perception of Illini with that kind of recruiting? Can we be a 7 win team consistenty? Transfer U sounds and feels emotionless for a fan base. We are already lifeless as a fan base. There is no comparison between kstate and illini imo. Snyder had a fanatically commitment to culture and process. Lovie is not touching that. It's been soooooo sloppy it's ridiculous.
4) I guess a big part of what I was hoping for was for Lovie to be around long enough and win enough that a real coaching tree emerged. At this point I still see a lot of spare parts. I don't see a transition. I see a cleaning of the house if Lovie moves on.
Yuck. Find a great #2 invest in him set up the program and move on. (Please no son on the team jokes).
2) We only had a net worth of 2.5 transfer player influence last yr(2=BeBe/Potibon, .5=Betiku). Hardley transfer U
3) Snyder K/State comparison makes no sense. Completely "diff time" in life and he was there for some yrs
4) I agree but we did have a couple quality coaches move on after this season. I think Patterson's being groomed in the mean time