Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what I’ve gathered. The first two were tresean smith and sedarius McConnell. The first one from Thursday was Trevor moffit. The second one from Thursday is the one that hasn’t been accounted for. Still waiting on sedarius to make it official at the start of next week. Since Robert Delaney and rod smith we’re the ones sending out the commitment gif I think it’s a O-linemen. Trevor Timmons makes the most sense to me. Him and moffit were the two I heard were going to commit last weekend.
If it's Trevor Timmons it will be a headscratcher. He may be a good talent, but based on his offer list we could hold off for a while waiting for bigger fish (if there are any that is)

If it's Trevor Timmons it will be a headscratcher. He may be a good talent, but based on his offer list we could hold off for a while waiting for bigger fish (if there are any that is)
We are not in the position to slow play kids we like. Guys like Timmons are hurt with there being no camps. O-lineman typically pick up most of their offers from camps going into their senior year. I trust the staff when it comes to under the radar evals.

That is true however stars are not based on film 100%. They are based more on measurable and what the writers think colleges will recruit. If stars were based on film, you would have at totally different ranking system. There is a huge difference between highlights and game film. I am sure you agree.
I read where the highly rated recruits - high 4 star and 5 star are rated more on pro characteristics than college ability.

Does anyone else not like this commitment? I believe players were dismissed from team for far less. Doesn’t seem to fit the targeted culture change either with this.
What would the problem be by accepting Bennet Williams back instead? If assumptions are true, could say BW lesser infraction. Same ‘matured’ now argument. Picked BW as safety And also dismissed.

Does anyone else not like this commitment? I believe players were dismissed from team for far less. Doesn’t seem to fit the targeted culture change either with this.
What would the problem be by accepting Bennet Williams back instead? If assumptions are true, could say BW lesser infraction. Same ‘matured’ now argument. Picked BW as safety And also dismissed.
I agree but key difference for Bennett is multi6infractions here. Sometimes, you have to set a hard line to wake that person internally.

I’m okay with adding a four star safety any day of the week. Lovie isn’t taking anyone he doesn’t have confidence in as a person. We have kicked people off the team that haven’t met what is expected. Lovie sets the culture, if this guy can’t figure it out then he’ll be gone like the rest. But I’m willing to take the risk for talent.

Nick Saban on 2nd Chances

I’m okay with adding a four star safety any day of the week. Lovie isn’t taking anyone he doesn’t have confidence in as a person. We have kicked people off the team that haven’t met what is expected. Lovie sets the culture, if this guy can’t figure it out then he’ll be gone like the rest. But I’m willing to take the risk for talent.
Sounds good.
I’m for second chances. Hope staff has Some insight, connection to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.