Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

I read where the highly rated recruits - high 4 star and 5 star are rated more on pro characteristics than college ability.
I am good friends with a couple of guys at the top of 247 and rivals. Pro characteristics do not play a roll at all. It is all about college recruiting. They utilize a typical size chart that most colleges use. One flaw that they use to become a 4 star is the number of offers a kid may have at the time of the rating. The issue with this is most of the offers aren't validated. I have witness several kids and coaches cheat the system. Until college coaches start publicly denying offers, I don't see this trend changing.

How does this strengthen our position in Texas? Joe Price, who she replaces, has long ties to Texas. He grew up in Texas, played his high school ball there and coached there for many years. His dad also coached there for over 30 years.
But he left to go to UTSA, so our position was weakened when he left. He was not fired, but we chose to hire someone that has lived, worked, and tied to Texas. I guess that's why I said what I said

Would we have any interest in Jarrian Jones? Former 4 star cornerback with 3 years of eligibility left transferring from Mississippi State. We offered him in high school and appears to be good friends with Marquez Beason based on twitter. Also with the departures of Tony Adams and Nate Hobbs after this season would make a promising trio with Witherspoon and Beason.

Would we have any interest in Jarrian Jones? Former 4 star cornerback with 3 years of eligibility left transferring from Mississippi State. We offered him in high school and appears to be good friends with Marquez Beason based on twitter. Also with the departures of Tony Adams and Nate Hobbs after this season would make a promising trio with Witherspoon and Beason.
Yeah this would be a prime guy to target. I remember that we recruited him hard a couple seasons ago. Would be a great addition to beason and Devon once Hobbs and Adams depart.