Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is player average, not 247's ranking.
As classes balance a bit more, we probably don't see as low of number of recruits as we have the last 2 years and some of the large disparity should disappear...I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. When you are only taking 10-15 recruits, there should be some cherry picking and less reaching...but anyway you cut it recruiting needs to improve.

The guy I'd like to see come in as a PWO is Shontrell Key (OT/DL). He's one of those "diamonds in the rough" that seems to have the tools to be a B1G player, but hasn't shown the dominance on the field yet. He's a project with potential, and isn't that what PWO spots are for?

I would love to hear the story on how we got this kid to campus. What’s the connection, insiders?

With Pittman gone he is definitely looking around!

https://247sports.com/Article/Broderick-Jones-recaps-Arkansas-official-visit-142472690/

I want this to be a momentum booster and turning point in Lovie's recruiting legacy so bad... but my gut is telling me we are running second fiddle on this one.

It’s not likely he signs. But we have had two 5* on campus this Past few months. That means something. It will keep getting better. Not to say there won’t be downs along the way, but the trend is up

As much as I loved Twanger's posts, I'm kind of glad he's not around to immediately shoot this one down. It's like spending a buck on a lotto ticket. Sure, you're not going to win, but for a couple of days you can imagine, "But what if...?".

As much as I loved Twanger's posts, I'm kind of glad he's not around to immediately shoot this one down. It's like spending a buck on a lotto ticket. Sure, you're not going to win, but for a couple of days you can imagine, "But what if...?".

I mean it's probably the only school on the list this guy could start for as a freshman. If he cares about playing time that much it could work. Also Luke Ford could be in his ear about Georgia. 99% chance we don't get him, but getting him in the building makes it way more possible. If we get these top players in the room, some of them have to commit.

I’m not glad, but I would say there is a chance. Lovie is different than other staff. If he is still open, it’s not ridiculous that he just connects with Lovie and his calming presence. Several other high quality candidates have signed, and most with no evidence that things are getting better. Things are getting better. I wouldn’t bet on it, but he has been committed since 2018 and still hasn’t signed.His position. Coach just left. The line has strong rankings, we have some future pros. It’s not likely, but anything can happeb

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
When my wife and I were engaged, living in Wrigleyville, we would buy a ticket for $1, and walk around the city, talking about what we were going to do with the winnings. Cheaper than a movie.

I’m not glad, but I would say there is a chance. Lovie is different than other staff. If he is still open, it’s not ridiculous that he just connects with Lovie and his calming presence. Several other high quality candidates have signed, and most with no evidence that things are getting better. Things are getting better. I wouldn’t bet on it, but he has been committed since 2018 and still hasn’t signed.His position. Coach just left. The line has strong rankings, we have some future pros. It’s not likely, but anything can happeb

i meant, I’m not glad about twangers being gone.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
I mean it's probably the only school on the list this guy could start for as a freshman. If he cares about playing time that much it could work. Also Luke Ford could be in his ear about Georgia. 99% chance we don't get him, but getting him in the building makes it way more possible. If we get these top players in the room, some of them have to commit.

I'm sure the kid is very talented, but I would be pretty shocked if he would get the nod over two well regarded three year starters in Lowe and Palczewkski.

Status
Not open for further replies.