Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GranularVibrantHuia-size_restricted.gif

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Sorry if this has already been discussed but what are our greatest positions of need at this point?

Deleted member 746648

D
Sorry if this has already been discussed but what are our greatest positions of need at this point?

Our biggest need imo is DL and probably safety. Our RB's are mostly unproven and will probably take a step back but they should be good enough to win games.

I was kidding. Read an article about him on 247. Mentioned all of his visit plans except for any mention of Illinois. Like it never happened lol
He likes Cory and wanted to check us out, but he is committed and considering one other place

I prefer my qbs closer to 300 pounds

You must have been a huge fan of Jared “Hefty Lefty” Lorenzen then! May he Rest In Peace.

Edit: I wasn’t keeping up with thread to see nearly 2+ pages of Lorenzen talk. Whoops!

Last edited:

Looks like a prep school prospect so took an extra year post high school. Looking at his timeline it looks like in 2018 out of HS was committed to Southern Mississippi. For a kid like this that hasn’t qualified in the past and likely was always on edge of qualification it is tough to draw too much from other schools in the mix as many back off or never pursue.

His film looks solid. Hopefully another diamond in the rough find. Being a Florida DB you hope we win a Witherspoon type lottery twice

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
My knee-jerk reaction is to complain about going after such lightly heralded recruits, but here are the lowest-ranked recruits by class (since Lovie)

2017: Blake Hayes
2018: Jacob Hollins
2019: Devon Witherspoon

Looks like a prep school prospect so took an extra year post high school. Looking at his timeline it looks like in 2018 out of HS was committed to Southern Mississippi. For a kid like this that hasn’t qualified in the past and likely was always on edge of qualification it is tough to draw too much from other schools in the mix as many back off or never pursue.

His film looks solid. Hopefully another diamond in the rough find. Being a Florida DB you hope we win a Witherspoon type lottery twice

he is a prep school prospect. Wasn’t highly recruited out of hs, but had a relationship with kh from fau. I wouldn’t compare him to some of our other big gets, like devon Witherspoon or syd brown, because he was more well known. IMO, He is more like a dalevon Campbell. Could be good, but needs some work and experience.personally, I see him more as a shifty slot receiver. But the staff likes ability to make plays

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
He's quite small, so I assume his athleticism must be off the charts. Are we talking like Kyron Cumby speed or IWill shiftiness here? No idea but I've seen this staff uncover enough hidden gems that I trust their judgement on these for the most part.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
He's quite small, so I assume his athleticism must be off the charts. Are we talking like Kyron Cumby speed or IWill shiftiness here? No idea but I've seen this staff uncover enough hidden gems that I trust their judgement on these for the most part.

Or reserve ours, at least. Staff has earned the benefit of the doubt.

I
I would say more like Iwill shiftiness. He is being brought in as a punt returner type of player.

and although the staff has uncovered quite a few gems, uncovering gems is riskier than getting mid level 3*

but I think getting a Campbell is worth a fewmisses

I

I would say more like Iwill shiftiness. He is being brought in as a punt returner type of player.

and although the staff has uncovered quite a few gems, uncovering gems is riskier than getting mid level 3*

but I think getting a Campbell is worth a fewmisses

i meant Witherspoon, not campbell, I think Campbell has potential, but more than likely needs a few years of development

He runs a 4.5 and seems very quick with his cuts. Also looks like he plays with a little swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.