Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Is it me or does the Tribune have it out for u of I. Every time I check an artical on anything football related it always seems have a negative slant. Today our news from them was who got away, not who is coming. Am I a disappointed optimist dealing with reality or are they bad mouthing the orange and blue ?
Personally I don't like any of the Chicago newspapers, but the real question is, if they are reporting truthfully and accurately, would it read negatively?

Personally I don't like any of the Chicago newspapers, but the real question is, if they are reporting truthfully and accurately, would it read negatively?

there is no such thing as reporting truthfully. There are only narratives. narratives get created and people look for evidence to validate its accuracy. When Illinois starts winning more, they will report positive while winning and then negative for any blip.

It's OK guys, we're a basketball school again.
It sure seems that way on the Loyalty home page. First day of the regular football signing period and its posts about basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball...

Illini pick.up a commitment from Kansas WR Ty Lindenman. He allegedly runs the 40 in the 4.3 range. He's a PWO, but you can't argue with that kind of speed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200205-161102_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200205-161102_Twitter.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

Deleted member 716187

D
Art Green, Denver Warren, Kevon Billingsley, Jaquari Wiggles? What happened to these guys? CJ Dixon still on our radar? I dont think he has signed anywhere

Not true. The tutoring one gets at U of I can make all of the difference in the world. The distractions in one"s neighborhood will also, no longer be present. The fact that a young person may not have taken grades seriously until their junior year of high school can impact situations, too.
Also you have to take core curriculum classes in high school. And it’s a long school day. You can cater your classes in college to the time of day you want to attend said classes. And if want to take Introduction to Christmas Ornament Making, YOU MAY!

2021 top target at every position IMO
Qb- samari coller (commit), Tyler Macon Sam Jackson think you land 2 qbs this class
RB- Justin Johnson, Mar'kise Irving, wille shaw. Got two land at least 2 of the great backs in state
Wr- Dominic Lovett, Demetrius Cannon, Keontez Lewis, Jaedon Wilson. with 4 wr possible leave we need to stock at this position
OT-David Davidkov, Pat Coogan, Joshua Sales,Diego Pounds- losing our top 2 tackle we to at least land 2 of these 4
OG-Zachary Barlev,
OC- no offer to center
DT- Dominic Bass
DE- travion Ford, Shemar Turner
ILB- Kendrick Blackshire
OLB- Tyler McLaurin, Keith Cooper
CB-Kaleb Killian
S- Solomon Buchanan
ath- Tar'varish Dawson, kaleb killian

way to early 2021 class projection IMO with imo are right now
samari coller- as of right now 100% already committed
wille shaw- 85 i think he loves Illinois
Mar'kise Irving - 65 % i use to go to school with him
Demetrius Cannon- 75 % i think trinity gang gonna get him
Jaedon Wilson- 65-75 % i think Samari gonna be in his ear about illini
Pat Coogan- 65-75 % i use to go the school wiht him
Diego Pounds- 75% my favoite lineman in the class
Zachary Barlev- 85% I go to school with him he loves Illinois
travion Ford- 35% love him but think a little chance
Keith Cooper- 85% mother is a alum and twitter is pro illini
Tyler McLaurin- 50 %
Solomon Buchanan- 70 %

2021 top target at every position IMO
Qb- samari coller (commit), Tyler Macon Sam Jackson think you land 2 qbs this class
RB- Justin Johnson, Mar'kise Irving, wille shaw. Got two land at least 2 of the great backs in state
Wr- Dominic Lovett, Demetrius Cannon, Keontez Lewis, Jaedon Wilson. with 4 wr possible leave we need to stock at this position
OT-David Davidkov, Pat Coogan, Joshua Sales,Diego Pounds- losing our top 2 tackle we to at least land 2 of these 4
OG-Zachary Barlev,
OC- no offer to center
DT- Dominic Bass
DE- travion Ford, Shemar Turner
ILB- Kendrick Blackshire
OLB- Tyler McLaurin, Keith Cooper
CB-Kaleb Killian
S- Solomon Buchanan
ath- Tar'varish Dawson, kaleb killian

Sign me up for Diego Pounds off of name base alone!

This kid is legit and has speed/skill that will easily translate to the big ten. When people choose to go the prep route it is bc they’re either 1. under-recruited and need an extra year. 2. Boost grades 3. Consistent competition if you come from a small town or high school. Look at Tre’nard Davis he had trouble qualifying and he stuck it out to graduate!

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
This is tough to see. While there are other ways to build teams these days via the portal and such, fundamentally most of the players are going to come from recruiting.

Why is it tough to see? What's new? Many here have repeatedly stated that Lovie stepped into a stuff-show. Digging out from that type of hole is a process.

Why is it tough to see? What's new? Many here have repeatedly stated that Lovie stepped into a stuff-show. Digging out from that type of hole is a process.
Maybe nothing, but visualization makes it more real...add that the 2020 ranking is the lowest in power 5 & it drives home the point that maybe we are still digging the hole while pretending we are digging out. Sort of like hiding behind average recruit rating vs. 247 composite?

Personally, with the small classes the last couple of years I don't think this is fatal, but that doesn't make it ok... we should be back to a full class next year & we need to improve a lot to make up some ground.

Glaciers move faster. We should be seeing better progress by now, in recruiting. That's a huge concern.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Maybe nothing, but visualization makes it more real...add that the 2020 ranking is the lowest in power 5 & it drives home the point that maybe we are still digging the hole while pretending we are digging out. Sort of like hiding behind average recruit rating vs. 247 composite?

Personally, with the small classes the last couple of years I don't think this is fatal, but that doesn't make it ok... we should be back to a full class next year & we need to improve a lot to make up some ground.

Mea culpa, I read the chart wrong. Thought it was a 5 year historical chart, not what it actually is. Yeah, that's bad.

What that graph says, and correct me if I am wrong, is that in 2020 IL under performed as compared to the average, for IL, for the past 5 years. At a minimum, that
1581013459259.png
should be on that line. What that graph states is that IL- on an average - did (far) better in the past 5 years than in 2020. Or, we tanked in 2020, is how I would interpret it.

About a month ago I had collected the same data for 2019 and 2020 IL. In 2020 we regressed. And, that was prior to the 4* WR we lost recently.

Then I compared 2020 IL to 2020 other B10 West teams. IIRC, NB and NW were nearly twice as good as us (2020) and we were the only team that averaged above 1000.

(Sorry, took too long to respond)

Status
Not open for further replies.