Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FT35

Naperville
Other P5 offers between all four players combined: zero. šŸ˜¬

A lot of these OL get offers during/after Spring showcases and Summer camps. That probably won't happen this year so if Illinois likes these guys then they shouldn't hesitate to push for them to commit. A number of OL that ended up at P5 schools did not have P5 offers before on campus camps started in June of last year.

We have had a lot of success with instate OL so I'm fine with Barlev and Kreutz. Not sure about Timmons but we have to land OL in this class and we offered him last October.

Moffitt seems like a stretch given his size and he would be a massive project. I'd be fine with him if he was projected to be a Safety but he's being recruited by Miles so they probably project him to be an OLB.

Deleted member 654622

D
A lot of these OL get offers during/after Spring showcases and Summer camps. That probably won't happen this year so if Illinois likes these guys then they shouldn't hesitate to push for them to commit. A number of OL that ended up at P5 schools did not have P5 offers before on campus camps started in June of last year.

We have had a lot of success with instate OL so I'm fine with Barlev and Kreutz. Not sure about Timmons but we have to land OL in this class and we offered him last October.

Moffitt seems like a stretch given his size and he would be a massive project. I'd be fine with him if he was projected to be a Safety but he's being recruited by Miles so they probably project him to be an OLB.
I don't really care about other power 5 offers when it comes to Olin's kid. I will take that pedigree and BA attitude any day of the week. Plus having Olin as an Illini supporter would be a nice asset. I would be shocked if he was not around the program A LOT

Illinois football commit Solomon Buchanan, ā€œstaff treated me like familyā€

Illinois pulling in a talented recruit like Buchanan is huge for the program. Some of the programs that were pursuing this kid included the likes of Tennessee, Texas and Texas Tech, but the Illini managed to come out ahead

247Sports has Buchanan listed as a safety and the best JUCO safety in the country. But is he coming into the DI ranks as a safety?

ā€œI am going in as a linebacker.ā€

Last edited:
Looks like a bunch of red shirt guys not that there is anything wrong with that Iowa has done that with the Oline for 20 years
For offensive line, thatā€™s what everyone does. Except in freak situations, you are looking for people that can grow into the role

We need some good football news. Are we gonna get another 2021 before june?
Illinois is currently the only team with fewer than 4 commits in Big Ten. You would think with this being a larger than normal class there would be a quicker start.

Illinois is currently the only team with fewer than 4 commits in Big Ten. You would think with this being a larger than normal class there would be a quicker start.

Lovie slow plays everything. From what I can see, most of the players we are in on are power 5 talent. It doesnā€™t look like we will be teaching too much. Let the process play out. Decide after the class is inked

Sure would be nice if football recruiting could match or even get near BB recruiting. Can we get a commit please?

Sure would be nice if football recruiting could match or even get near BB recruiting. Can we get a commit please?

??? this doesnā€™t make any sense. Basketball recruiting relies on a handful of players, yearly. Football relies on 20 a year. In football, Depending on how often you crean, classes look better based on number of recruits, not quality if recruits. Similarly, football teams are only as good as your worst player, not best player. Even when you sign a Marquez beason, if every other position is not stacked, your team still sucks. In basketball you can recruit almost exclusively 5* players, in football, thatā€™s not feasible.

??? this doesnā€™t make any sense. Basketball recruiting relies on a handful of players, yearly. Football relies on 20 a year. In football, Depending on how often you crean, classes look better based on number of recruits, not quality if recruits. Similarly, football teams are only as good as your worst player, not best player. Even when you sign a Marquez beason, if every other position is not stacked, your team still sucks. In basketball you can recruit almost exclusively 5* players, in football, thatā€™s not feasible.
My point is we donā€™t have either, quantity or quality. Yes, we need approx 20 and have 1 currently, which is by far last in the Big. It would be nice to start to fill out probably our most important and biggest class in a long time.

My point is we donā€™t have either, quantity or quality. Yes, we need approx 20 and have 1 currently, which is by far last in the Big. It would be nice to start to fill out probably our most important and biggest class in a long time.

Its not even early signing day. Last I checked, we needed to fill the class by the beginning of the semester. We still have many deadlines.

or if you donā€™t like that answer, we could go down one of the many dead horse beaten paths.

we could compare pre and post Lovie rosters.

We could argue over how poor he has gone in Illinois, Vs. States like Florida

we could argue about how Modern ratings are inflated

we could argue about whether we are keeping up with the rest of the big ten.

but either way, Lovie has never started a class fast and the roster has continued to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.