Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1,203      
So then maybe a commit today, tomorrow, AND saturday???
Well the gifs are all starting to blend together but If thunderwear is hearing we have 8 then I would assume the breakdown would be today-Edwards, tomorrow- blackburn, Saturday- wisecarver and maybe Timmons would be our silent verbal waiting to get on campus. All I’ve heard from my guy is that we were in a really good spot with wisecarver and tavoris Miller.

#1,204      
Daniel Edwards to Illinois!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521-150238_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-150238_Twitter.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 438
#1,205      
COMMIT: #illini land 3-star CB Daniel Edwards (@Snook4Six), who chose Illinois over multiple power-five offers.

Florida native adds speed and competitiveness to Illini secondary that must replace starting CBs Nate Hobbs and Tony Adams after 2020 season.https://bit.ly/

#1,213      

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Anyone impressed by how the Lovie haters are spinning these developments?

We all want the program to be successful. I want Lovie to achieve an 8-win season this year and get a then richly-deserved extension to provide the program some stability it hasn't had since 2008, but I'll spin.

Let's assume the McConnell-Edwards-Blackburn-Wisecarver do all happen this week. Even after that incredible string of commitments, Illinois would have the 56th best recruiting class and 13th best class in B1G (focusing on quality, it would give them the 11th best B1G class, currently). The current developments are great, but this success needs to be maintained to reach a much higher standard before I'm going to say the staff is doing a solid job in recruiting.

#1,215      
We all want the program to be successful. I want Lovie to achieve an 8-win season this year and get a then richly-deserved extension to provide the program some stability it hasn't had since 2008, but I'll spin.

Let's assume the McConnell-Edwards-Blackburn-Wisecarver do all happen this week. Even after that incredible string of commitments, Illinois would have the 56th best recruiting class and 13th best class in B1G (focusing on quality, it would give them the 11th best B1G class, currently). The current developments are great, but this success needs to be maintained to reach a much higher standard before I'm going to say the staff is doing a solid job in recruiting.
this is the correct take

#1,220      
Makes me wonder how much the dead period being extended have lead to these commits. Once that got announced we’ve landed 3 commits and seemingly have 2 more on the way. Staff must have felt the need to really push after that got extended. Makes me think we have some more guys we are putting the full court press on.

#1,222      
Universities in the Midwest primarily and more to our case programs that lack a national footprint. The metrics go back over a decade.

Lovie had put forth a misguided approach to recruiting early in his tenure, an ATL/GA strategy will follow suit. It won’t work.

But, that doesn’t mean these guys can’t coach.
Miss twangers and respect his opinion on things. But I’m glad he missed on this one. GA and especially ATL should be a nice area for us going forward.

#1,224      
Makes me wonder how much the dead period being extended have lead to these commits. Once that got announced we’ve landed 3 commits and seemingly have 2 more on the way. Staff must have felt the need to really push after that got extended. Makes me think we have some more guys we are putting the full court press on.

Im counting 8, who are you missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.