Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

It shouldn't be. Minnesota has been on a different level than us for the entire century
I think you have the wrong reason here. Until this year, Minnesota recruiting in Illinois has been in the same neighborhood as ours. Fleck is clearly killing it this year, seems more likely to correlate to last season’s results + maybe give Fleck some credit for recruiting chops & connections instate.

on here. Until this year, Minnesota recruiting in Illinois has been in the same neighborhood as ours. Fleck is clearly killing it this year, seems more likely to correlate to las
I'm going to sound stupid on this, but I don't care if Fleck is doing well. I am glad he is not our coach. If he continues to do well, he will leave. However, he seems like a very shady dude. He either needs to strike quick or this will eventually catch up. I would rather go 2-10 than 10-2 and deal with his shenanigans.

It shouldn't be. Minnesota has been on a different level than us for the entire century
Man, this is just pathetic. We have basically said we can't beat Minnesota, a team that hasn't sniffed a Big 10 title in 50+ years, for 3 and 4 * in-state players. I guess at this point we should just be happy we can beat Arkansas State and Coastal Carolina for the 200th rated player in Florida. This is not what I envisioned when we hired Lovie.

I'm going to sound stupid on this, but I don't care if Fleck is doing well. I am glad he is not our coach. If he continues to do well, he will leave. However, he seems like a very shady dude. He either needs to strike quick or this will eventually catch up. I would rather go 2-10 than 10-2 and deal with his shenanigans.
Uh, I'll take 10-2 with a dufuss coach :p

10.7 100 as a sophomore is really good especially when you consider track season was cut short everywhere so he never really hit his peak. He could be a 10.4/10.5 guy and then you’re talking about some pretty good speed.

Who knows about the 2022 recruit. He may grow and get faster. Watched his video and the competition wasn’t the best, but he knows how to run.

Yea, sign me up for 10-2 please.

Did you hit your head on something? I don’t care what the coach acts like if a school like us can go 10-2 without major recruiting violations.

Did you hit your head on something? I don’t care what the coach acts like if a school like us can go 10-2 without major recruiting violations.
Would you hire Joe Paterno with the Sandusky crap going on if it got you those ramifications? I am definitely not saying PJ Fleck is anywhere close to that, but geez, the dude is something. I can deal with many coaches that are not great PR. I feel like we will hear about Fleck in a not so great in a few years. I could be totally off, but just a feeling.