Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746648

D
I wonder how many of those are duplicate. Like if someone is in Chicago or Indiana, they are 500 miles from a LOT of B1G schools.
That's why I wouldn't put too much stock into this graph although I find it interesting. I don't think it's controversial to say there is a correlation between proximity to recruits and recruiting success though. This graph would be more useful if it was 100 or 200 miles.

Dies anyone know where we stand in regards with the rest of the Big 10 conference now that we have picked up a few more recruits? I'm sure we are still way down the list. Just wondering if we are in last or not.

Dies anyone know where we stand in regards with the rest of the Big 10 conference now that we have picked up a few more recruits? I'm sure we are still way down the list. Just wondering if we are in last or not.
11th I believe on 247. Just passed MSU. I really like Wisecarver and Kreutz. I think they both compete for a starting spot as Freshman. Hopefully we bring in some transfers though.

11th I believe on 247. Just passed MSU. I really like Wisecarver and Kreutz. I think they both compete for a starting spot as Freshman. Hopefully we bring in some transfers though.
I too really like Wisecarver and Kreutz, but I hope they get a redshirt. We finally have depth and a year in the weight room with Lou is what freshman OL need to come in and be successful. I think they could do alright but if they start I don't know if they have the strength or stamina to play a full B1G season and not pick up ga habits technique wise.

I too really like Wisecarver and Kreutz, but I hope they get a redshirt. We finally have depth and a year in the weight room with Lou is what freshman OL need to come in and be successful. I think they could do alright but if they start I don't know if they have the strength or stamina to play a full B1G season and not pick up ga habits technique wise.

I hope they can too, but all 5 OL are gone (even Green IMO), unless there is no season. If that happens then they get to redshirt for sure.

Deleted member 654622

D
Love the Kreutz get. As I stated months ago, I wont be shocked to read his very successful NFL career father being around the program now

Honest question, why are we excited about Kreutz?

Offer list seems weak but he is in state. Was he due for a ratings bump and had tons of P5 schools sniffing around?

Deleted member 654622

D

Offer list seems weak but he is in state. Was he due for a ratings bump and had tons of P5 schools sniffing around?
Love the Kreutz get. As I stated months ago, I wont be shocked to read his very successful NFL career father being around the program now

247 has kruetz at 260. Doug Kramer is also 6’2 and is 300. While I don’t think it’s hard to gain 40 pounds in a year if you want to, I do think it’s hard to gain 40 of the right pounds in a year, on top of learning an offense, technique, footwork, etc. I really hope we won’t need him that quickly.

247 has kruetz at 260. Doug Kramer is also 6’2 and is 300. While I don’t think it’s hard to gain 40 pounds in a year if you want to, I do think it’s hard to gain 40 of the right pounds in a year, on top of learning an offense, technique, footwork, etc. I really hope we won’t need him that quickly.

Kramer was listed at 6'2 255 coming out of HS on 247. He was a starter as a RS FR. We will see what Kreutz actually comes in at. He is deadlifting 500 pounds already too.

FT35

Naperville

Right now Green and Jaresaty are the backup Centers. If Green doesn't return in 2021 then Kreutz has a real chance of getting playing time in 2021 if we don't land another transfer. We haven't landed a true OC since Watkins which is why this is such an important commit.

Verdis Brown played OC at the IMG Academy so maybe he could help there, but I think the staff projects him to be a Guard. Preston Engel was getting reps with the second team at OC in the Rutgers game.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Love the Kruetz get. If this kid is half the player his dad was, we got a good one. As others have hinted, it would be great to have his dad around the OL room as well.

Deleted member 654622

D
In what capacity would you guess, Dude?
I don't think in terms of an official coach or anything. But a voice for these guys for advice/motivation/confident in the process. I am sure tips of the trade will trade hands of course. But to have someone that went through the true grind and now has a vested interest in the success of our program has to be nothing but an asset.

Kramer was listed at 6'2 255 coming out of HS on 247. He was a starter as a RS FR. We will see what Kreutz actually comes in at. He is deadlifting 500 pounds already too.

As a redshirt freshman that means he had a year in college s&c, coaching, etc. Kreutz would have his high school program S&C, coaching etc.

Not apples to apples in my eyes. I’ll never say somebody can’t do it if they put their mind to it, I’m just really not optimistic given those timeframes.

As a redshirt freshman that means he had a year in college s&c, coaching, etc. Kreutz would have his high school program S&C, coaching etc.

Not apples to apples in my eyes. I’ll never say somebody can’t do it if they put their mind to it, I’m just really not optimistic given those timeframes.
I'm aware of that. I would just think that being the son of an NFL great he will likely have his body ready.

illini80

Forgottonia
That would be interesting. Olin was an intimidator even in his own locker room. I wonder what his post-retirement persona is like.

Deleted member 654622

D
That would be interesting. Olin was an intimidator even in his own locker room. I wonder what his post-retirement persona is like.
Agreed. If you look him up on twitter, he was doing a lot of O lineman film review. He might have a wish to be a coach. Not sure.

Right now Green and Jaresaty are the backup Centers. If Green doesn't return in 2021 then Kreutz has a real chance of getting playing time in 2021 if we don't land another transfer. We haven't landed a true OC since Watkins which is why this is such an important commit.

Verdis Brown played OC at the IMG Academy so maybe he could help there, but I think the staff projects him to be a Guard. Preston Engel was getting reps with the second team at OC in the Rutgers game.
Brevyn Jones was practicing at center at MissST, I think. Werner show had a good interview with a MissST reporter, around the time of his transfer (?) Throw his name into the mix.

Robert addressed this and has a theory. illiniboard.com. He’s pretty high on Kreutz and has been pretty low this recruitment season, so that’s encouraging.

ChazzReinhold

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Olin does Bears analysis on 670AM and I believe on one the TV networks for postgame. He is very good at analyzing the game and even more surprisingly is what a great personality he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.