Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

altenberger22

South Carolina
The BheBhe brothers would be a very nice WR combo in our march toward the 2020 Big 10 title!

Throw in the Big 10's top returning OL, Trevon Sidney as our speed guy, and then Ford/Barker at TE and we'd have some very nice targets for Peters.

His TE brother is a BIG BOY. Don't really see us as a good fit with Ford and Barker already. But what do I know

I agree and especially as a senior. Maybe if he was younger and we could absorb Luke Ford’s loss if he heads to the NFL early, but we’d potentially lose them both at the same time.

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
So for all of the insiders/expert types, how likely would you say the following would be to close out the freshmen in this class?
Gesky
Brenson
Barlev
Lillibridge
Peterson
DE TBA
WR TBA
Simmons (if Collier flips)

So for all of the insiders/expert types, how likely would you say the following would be to close out the freshmen in this class?
Gesky
Brenson
Barlev
Lillibridge
Peterson
DE TBA
WR TBA
Simmons (if Collier flips)

From what I have read and heard I will put out confidence for each.
Gesky- 8
Brenson- 9.9
Barlev- 9.9
Lillibridge- 3
Peterson- 6
Simmons- 5

Read Werners piece on Strain. In it he refers to him as undersized. Is that a weight/muscle thing or is he just wrong or do I not understand? As far as I can tell Strain is 5-10 or 5-11 neither of which are undersized. I mean Wisconsin has like 4 or so DBs at 5’10 or less.

Read Werners piece on Strain. In it he refers to him as undersized. Is that a weight/muscle thing or is he just wrong or do I not understand? As far as I can tell Strain is 5-10 or 5-11 neither of which are undersized. I mean Wisconsin has like 4 or so DBs at 5’10 or less.

Search his twitter. He does not look very small IMO

Illini Basketball vs. Football Comparison:

Brad Underwood - on average, BU is pursuing and attracting 4-star talent
Lovie Smith - on average, Lovie seems to be attracting low 3-star recruits

This worries me.
Illinois basketball has a better history and isn't quite as much of a laughing stock in the B1G. I doubt football will ever draw more attention than basketball here.

Deleted member 654622

D
Illini Basketball vs. Football Comparison:

Brad Underwood - on average, BU is pursuing and attracting 4-star talent
Lovie Smith - on average, Lovie seems to be attracting low 3-star recruits

This worries me.
I completely agree. I am holding out hope that the Southern lower 3 stars are just a different athlete and he can coach them up. After that, who knows

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
From what I have read and heard I will put out confidence for each.
Gesky- 8
Brenson- 9.9
Barlev- 9.9
Lillibridge- 3
Peterson- 6
Simmons- 5

I'm guessing the recent Flair tweet from Rod is related to Barlev.

Watch their tape. If this was a normal off-season, rankings would be different.

I’m waiting to see Robert’s analysis on him. He isn’t always right, but he tries to give an in depth evaluation that most of these guys don’t get from recruiting services. (Just too many athletes out there)

This is especially true during COVID.

That brings up another point. With no spring ball/summer camps, if there is no season for many of these rising seniors, there will be a LOT of mis-evaluations done.

But at the very least these rising seniors had junior years to be evaluated from.

I can’t imagine how recruiting will go if the rising juniors in high school right now don’t get a season AND don’t get the camps. 😳

I'm loving this kids hudl footage! This kid got some serious talent! Don't overlook him! Obvious speed... I know Lovie knows talent when he sees it, and I trust his judgements. Bear Down! Go Illini! A good Double whammy baby! Let's go! Speed kills!

Status
Not open for further replies.