Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main focus right now needs to be keeping the guys who are already committed. Idt we take anymore than 3 prep recruits to finish the class and the rest will be from the portal.
I wonder how many recruits will have a home, in general. Between extra year eligibility, sports dept debts, wonder if many schools are in a holding pattern now until things are more clear in spring. Don’t take on any more commits in case those spots cannot be promised.

I wonder how many recruits will have a home, in general. Between extra year eligibility, sports dept debts, wonder if many schools are in a holding pattern now until things are more clear in spring. Don’t take on any more commits in case those spots cannot be promised.
The top players will be fine. The mid to lower level players will not get their one shot to play power 5. This will take a few years to sort out.

Evidently you are not a much wanted football recruit
What’s most evident is that we don’t have many much wanted football recruits and won’t be getting many any time soon given how well we are currently playing.

illini80

Forgottonia
It does seem odd they took many project recruits/ high ceiling and most have not seen the field. Witherspoon-was already ready. Sydney brown- now has film after last year, regressed. Barker has improved year over year.

On a side note, Bennett Williams dismissal again shows itself this year, terrible safety play.

It does seem odd they took many project recruits/ high ceiling and most have not seen the field. Witherspoon-was already ready. Sydney brown- now has film after last year, regressed. Barker has improved year over year.

On a side note, Bennett Williams dismissal again shows itself this year, terrible safety play.

The Bennett Williams dismissal says more about our safety recruiting than the dismissal itself.

Sad to say, but it's a smart move on his part

Is it though? He does not exactly have many power 5 offers. I won't blame anyone for jumping ship right now, but that would have been one of the few reasons for him to stay.

You know it's bad when commits without another P5 offer decommit.

"Respect my decision," he posted. Seeing what's going on, I have to say, Trevor, I really do respect your decision.
According to 247, Moffitt had offers from "....USF, Navy, Army, Florida Atlantic, Colorado State, Appalachian State and others."

According to 247, Moffitt had offers from "....USF, Navy, Army, Florida Atlantic, Colorado State, Appalachian State and others."
He never received an offer from USF according to 247, which Robert from alioneye made a big deal about. And just so we're clear, those aren't P5 schools you've listed.

SKane

Tennessee

Per DI article, U of I was the only P5 school to give an offer to TM.

lovie needs to hit the transfer portal find some guys , because his recruiting classes look bad. Look at OSU's Mich's Wisc's classes and Illinois's the gap is huge!!

lovie needs to hit the transfer portal find some guys , because his recruiting classes look bad. Look at OSU's Mich's Wisc's classes and Illinois's the gap is huge!!
does lovie even get the top recruits out of illinois?? thats a must!! with one of the biggest cities in chicago,there has to be alot of 4 and 5 star players! if lovie could just get half of those we would be NASTY!!!

does lovie even get the top recruits out of illinois?? thats a must!! with one of the biggest cities in chicago,there has to be alot of 4 and 5 star players! if lovie could just get half of those we would be NASTY!!!
also missed out on the Tj Edwards, Troy Fumagalli's Kendrik Pryor's, Garret Dooley types all ended up as pretty good players they were in his backyard too, His state has a good recruiting base and good players.He can't be letting good players go to Ohio State,Michigan and Wisconsin

illini80

Forgottonia
Right now I’d be happy if he could regularly land a few 3*’s out of Illinois cause it ain’t happenin.

Status
Not open for further replies.