Illinois Football Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
So you were partial to the 04-05 era unis?

271095.jpeg

Does the pant stripe look abnormally large to anyone else?

UofI08

Chicago
Random uniform opinion. Looking at the current uniforms and last years, I really think keeping last years set, but replacing the blue jersey with the new jersey would've been a great set. Keep some striping. Keep some outline. The new blue is almost like a new-retro look that would still fit seamlessly with the existing pants. Helmet logos look better. Maybe use the new color helmets though.

Was that really Beckman's reasoning? Not that I can't see Beckman pretending to explain that reason. Might want to tell Clemson, Georgia, and Oklahoma. Imagine how good they could be if they only knew to eliminate glare by losing the white facemasks....

Totally agree....our shortcomings certainly didn't have anything to do with any "glare" but that's just how that man's logic went. Nothing was ever his fault, there was always an outside variable in play.... but that was just one of many total 180s he pulled to try an distance the program from the previous regime....

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
My understanding with Beckman though was that we had already initiated the rebrand process and so Thomas gave Beckman & Co the green light to just start experimenting and do whatever they wanted until the new stuff came. So there were a lot of rinky-dink changes during that period.

Can we take a minute to remember we let Mike Thomas, and Becks decide what our brand looked like. Coaches are so quick to change tradition. I like a coach that has a little reverence for what has existed before them.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
To me the white facemask was only to match the white slant Illinois on the helmets. Since slant Illinois is the worst thing ever, white facemasks aren't too far behind.

No way a white facemask would work with the current helmets.

Put the right :illinois: on it and i think it'd work.
whitefacemask2.jpg

Attachments

• whitefacemask.jpg
    whitefacemask.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 253
Can we take a minute to remember we let Mike Thomas, and Becks decide what our brand looked like. Coaches are so quick to change tradition. I like a coach that has a little reverence for what has existed before them.

We've steered the ship to a better direction since then. I'm holding off until we get the new basketball unis, but I'm planning to examine the evolution of what we've done in a little more detail once we get them.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Here's a detail that I missed initially but can not believe we've added. The tramp stamp "Fighting Illini". the utterly dumbest of additions and just looks so stupid.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.59.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.59.23 PM.png
    531.3 KB · Views: 336

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Here's a detail that I missed initially but can not believe we've added. The tramp stamp "Fighting Illini". the utterly dumbest of additions and just looks so stupid.
Last thing defenders see as Epstein goes into the endzone

UofI08

Chicago
The uniforms last night looked better than I expected. Still would like to see the orange jersey with blue pants combo in a game.

redwingillini11

North Aurora
Still a big fan of this uni set. However I would prefer if we kept the O-O-O to a once a year type thing. Its just a bit much for regular use. Our shade of blue is so rich, we should use it.

BZuppke

Plainfield
This was probably the best version of all orange although I think it’s just too much. I don’t like the all blue either. OBO is our most traditional look and I like mixing in the white pants (Zook era). Lovie seems to respect tradition more and in this era the players have more input and like to change things up. It gets them excited - so we have to adapt to the current environment and be open minded about what the players like.

Someone mentioned it in the basketball uni thread but I thought it merited conversation here. The "ILLINI" helmets of the 70s be made so much better today if you just lifted them higher and not so low over the ear hole that they were back then. Someone, I think Willini (Sic?) had that as his mock ups before the last rebrand. He had the zigzags on the pants, shoulders, and center helmet stripe that I didn't care for, but the ILLINI on the helmet I still think could be made great if done right. Definitely better than a bland block I

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Someone mentioned it in the basketball uni thread but I thought it merited conversation here. The "ILLINI" helmets of the 70s be made so much better today if you just lifted them higher and not so low over the ear hole that they were back then. Someone, I think Willini (Sic?) had that as his mock ups before the last rebrand. He had the zigzags on the pants, shoulders, and center helmet stripe that I didn't care for, but the ILLINI on the helmet I still think could be made great if done right. Definitely better than a bland block I

OH YOU MEAN THESE!!!

Attachments

• unspecified.png
    unspecified.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 296

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Back in the day, when this bad boy would have matched the wordmark our BB jerseys had. Some consistence type elements across both sports, and a nod to the past. Im not just saying this cause i made it, but it would be "fire emojii's" all over the place. ALL OF THE FIRE EMOJIS!

revoltion_speed_3_shot_template_by_rezland-d5rkr5s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.