Illinois Football Uniforms

Surely they are trolling us with this I placement on the helmet right?!?!?!

Look at Petitbon's helmet on the right side of this image

image_handler.jpg

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
Has anyone contacted the athletic department directly on this placement issue? I understand message boards can nitpick, but this has been horrendous for years.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Rotation aside, this doesnt look like the greatest application. This looks like they peeled it off a sheet and tossed it at a helmet and hoped it stuck...
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 9.43.58 AM.png

throwing-cheese7.gif

I usually don’t care about things like uniforms but my goodness it seems like it would be relatively simple to have an “I” placed correctly on a helmet. It has always looked goofy.

Cook

Richmond, VA
I will email this to the entire equipment management staff. 2:10 mark shows how to align the decal properly for different styles of helmets (and the critical step to smooth it out removing wrinkles, bubbles, etc.)

I was in the equipment room earlier this week and I asked one of the assistant equipment managers about the helmet stickers. He said the same guy has been doing the helmet stickers for what sounded like 20+ years. He’s apparently an older gentleman who’s set in his ways and very protective of the helmets. The guy I talked to said they’ve tried to offer him some suggestions but no dice. So I guess we’re left with with hoping this helmet guy retires soon.

Also, how about this new white helmet 2nd from right?

A1BEE185-5D9C-47D1-AC6B-83D26E753A0C.jpeg

Love the new white helmet that you are pointing out. Also love the black with orange and the orange and blue to the very right.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I was in the equipment room earlier this week and I asked one of the assistant equipment managers about the helmet stickers. He said the same guy has been doing the helmet stickers for what sounded like 20+ years. He’s apparently an older gentleman who’s set in his ways and very protective of the helmets. The guy I talked to said they’ve tried to offer him some suggestions but no dice. So I guess we’re left with with hoping this helmet guy retires soon.

View attachment 4464

I’m guessing if the right people find out about this, the bolded above won’t matter.

I mean, this is our brand after all. It’s how we come across to opponents, fans/potential donors, and visiting recruits.

I doubt one guys’ ruffled feathers will stop us from fixing this if the right people know. (And If it truly is one person causing the issues)

Deleted member 29907

D

View attachment 4464
Kinda looks like proof the stickers are put on relative to a helmet sitting on a desk rather than on a head #FixTheI #OhMyI!

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
I’m guessing if the right people find out about this, the bolded above won’t matter.

I mean, this is our brand after all. It’s how we come across to opponents, fans/potential donors, and visiting recruits.

I doubt one guys’ ruffled feathers will stop us from fixing this if the right people know. (And If it truly is one person causing the issues)

This is how losing and failing organizations the world over operate.

Cook

Richmond, VA
Emailed this morning, we'll see what happens...

Dear Equipment Staff,
Just wanted to take a moment on behalf of all Illini football fans to ask that you please do a better job of aligning, placing, and applying our helmet stickers. Over the past many seasons, it's been conspicuously apparent that they have not been aligned (the I placed well vertically) or applied properly (like smoothing out wrinkles, air bubbles). We realize there are many different styles and shapes of helmets that have to be fitted, but other teams have shown it is a manageable process. For example, here is a video where they consistently get it right.
*same video linked*
This is our brand, and all we want here is to look our best with greater attention to detail. Looking forward to a great season. Go Illini!
Respectfully,

Cook

Richmond, VA
While we're at it... that new white one should have a matte sticker like the orange ones, not gloss.

View attachment 4464